Replacement Speakers for f150

Go to solution Solved by terrytek,
3 minutes ago, eatitmonkeyboy said:

Would this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDR988B/JVC-KD-R988BTS.html

work well with 4 of these http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPS517/Alpine-SPS-517.html 

Also well these be good well rounded speakers like give me some bass for rap and be good for some classic rock? sorry for all the questions. I can do computers all day but speakers just no clue.

the stereo has its own amp with 4 channels, and unless your car has only those 4 speakers, it should be more than ok for you. and i don't think rounded speakers will fit, because i'm sure your stock speakers are oval, so only oval speakers will fit in the housing. but regardless of shape, normally larger speakers allow for more bass, but mostly depends on the brand.

I didn't know where to put this but I'd figured here would work best. I know there's some audiophiles out there that have to know something about car speakers but basically I need to change out my stereo and speakers in my 2005 f150 without the subwoofer. I've been looking on crutchfield which has a sale on JVC stuff at 50% off for some stereo and speaker combo. My budget is $500 doesn't include labor. (I got two hands). Thanks!

You'll need to find out what the head unit can power before searching for replacement speakers.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You'll need to find out what the head unit can power before searching for replacement speakers.

Well that's part of what's being replaced and part of my budget as the factory one doesn't come with auxiliary input or Bluetooth connection. So that's also partly what I'm asking help for. So I need speakers and a head unit(stereo).

9 hours ago, eatitmonkeyboy said:

Well that's part of what's being replaced and part of my budget as the factory one doesn't come with auxiliary input or Bluetooth connection. So that's also partly what I'm asking help for. So I need speakers and a head unit(stereo).

That sounds correct to me. I'm not too in to vehicle audio so I'll tag a couple people who know more than me and they might be able to help you out.

@terrytek @vinyldash303

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would look at www.crutchfield.com 

this website will be able to tell you what fits where. My personal recomendation is a Pioneer or JVC head unit and Kicker door and dash speakersthat have either the Yellow K or Red K on the magnets. I was planning on getting some for my S10 before i decided i needed a bigger truck. If you need any further assistance feel free to ask here. :) 

as far as i like crutchfield mainly because they can recommend what fits directly on your vehicle, i would just use the site as a reference first, then look for the exact model of head unit or speaker somewhere else, see if you can save a few extra bucks. because sometimes prices might seem good on crutchfield, but you might find it cheaper somewhere else if you look for it on google. as far as head units go, i say kenwood, pioneer, or jvc are your best bets, and for speakers, i recommend pioneer or jl audio speakers, or if you can afford them, a set of alpine or jbl speakers, those are usually the best out there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

this website will be able to tell you what fits where. My personal recomendation is a Pioneer or JVC head unit and Kicker door and dash speakersthat have either the Yellow K or Red K on the magnets. I was planning on getting some for my S10 before i decided i needed a bigger truck. If you need any further assistance feel free to ask here. :) 

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

as far as i like crutchfield mainly because they can recommend what fits directly on your vehicle, i would just use the site as a reference first, then look for the exact model of head unit or speaker somewhere else, see if you can save a few extra bucks. because sometimes prices might seem good on crutchfield, but you might find it cheaper somewhere else if you look for it on google. as far as head units go, i say kenwood, pioneer, or jvc are your best bets, and for speakers, i recommend pioneer or jl audio speakers, or if you can afford them, a set of alpine or jbl speakers, those are usually the best out there.

Thank you both! I'll look into it and send a reply message with a list of what I'm more looking at later. Thanks!

work well with 4 of these http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPS517/Alpine-SPS-517.html 

Also well these be good well rounded speakers like give me some bass for rap and be good for some classic rock? sorry for all the questions. I can do computers all day but speakers just no clue.

the stereo has its own amp with 4 channels, and unless your car has only those 4 speakers, it should be more than ok for you. and i don't think rounded speakers will fit, because i'm sure your stock speakers are oval, so only oval speakers will fit in the housing. but regardless of shape, normally larger speakers allow for more bass, but mostly depends on the brand.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Yep my truck only has 4 speaker locations without modification. And crutchfield says they fit the basic mounting location without a bracket. And the speakers are oval I think. One last question and I'll be on my way. Would you recommend the amount of money it takes to put in a sub or is it not worth it??? 

9 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Forgot to quote you with the final choices.

Yep my truck only has 4 speaker locations without modification. And crutchfield says they fit the basic mounting location without a bracket. And the speakers are oval I think. One last question and I'll be on my way. Would you recommend the amount of money it takes to put in a sub or is it not worth it??? 

i say if your music has lots of bass, i say go for it. a sub is a great way to enrich your music listening experience, as well as tweeters for very clear vocals. but a subwoofer can be a very big upgrade for audio quality in car. and some subs from quality brands, like alpine, and jl, sell 10 inch subs as low as 65 bucks, though very powerful ones can run as high as 500. one thing though, is that you will more than likely need an external amplifier to power the sub, since your stereo more than likely won't be able to deliver enough power for the subwoofer.

@vinyldash303 should give his final input as well, and make sure i'm not missing anything.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

The sub would be a good edition, but you're looking at a whole new level of modification. Not knowing what cab his is, standard, extended, king, or quad cab, and then you have to figure out where you're gonna drill the holes for the wires, and what sub you're gonna put where, if he doesn't think he needs one, I'd hold off for now.

What size speakers can you put in the doors, and what ones in the dash, even if yours has dash speakers? Or is it two ovals in the front doors and two ovals in the rear doors?

Two ovals in the front and two ovals in the back.

Its a 2005 ford f150 super cab so not crew. without the factory speakers.

28 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The sub would be a good edition, but you're looking at a whole new level of modification. Not knowing what cab his is, standard, extended, king, or quad cab, and then you have to figure out where you're gonna drill the holes for the wires, and what sub you're gonna put where, if he doesn't think he needs one, I'd hold off for now.

What size speakers can you put in the doors, and what ones in the dash, even if yours has dash speakers? Or is it two ovals in the front doors and two ovals in the rear doors?

i can always recommend a powered under-the-seat subwoofer that fits under the seat, but idk if it clears seat heights and so on.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

My vote is he just does head unit and door speakers.

yeah, that's what i said too, until he asked about the subwoofer. i say he can do the door speakers and stereo now, and later on down the road, he can add in a sub.

8 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

If he really wants to. Its a whole nother process and complexity. 

Thank you both so much you've been a huge help!!!