Would an ethernet cable be a solution to wireless networking

Go to solution Solved by BleakMaker,
1 minute ago, QWERTY57836 said:

In my bedroom the wireless connectivity sucks and i was wondering if running a single ethernet cable to my access point would solve this problem.

Yes.

if you are using you're router as a repeater then running a Ethernet cable to it will definitely improve your wifi.

In my bedroom the wireless connectivity sucks and i was wondering if running a single ethernet cable to my access point would solve this problem.

2 minutes ago, QWERTY57836 said:

ethernet

that's is better than wireless if you can go for ethernet.  

1 minute ago, QWERTY57836 said:

Yes.

if you are using you're router as a repeater then running a Ethernet cable to it will definitely improve your wifi.

3 minutes ago, QWERTY57836 said:

wired beats wireless, always. The only thing wireless has in it's favour is mobility.
I always image wireless like a sprinkler and Ethernet like a hose pipe.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

The only thing im concerned with is does ethernet have a "drop off" so after a certain distance the speed drops 

4 minutes ago, QWERTY57836 said:

The only thing im concerned with is does ethernet have a "drop off" so after a certain distance the speed drops 

100 meters is the limit for ethernet, otherwise no.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, QWERTY57836 said:

Yes, kind of. Using Cat5e cable and up the maximum run is 100m (technically 90m with 5m of patch cables on each end). I doubt your run will be that long. 

The drop in speed comes with 10GbE, where after 55m on Cat6, it will drop down to Gigabit. Cat6a and 7 can both do 10GbE at 100m