i7 7700k idle stock at 60°C while in BIOS. Too hot?

I'm from Vietnam, it's currently 22-28°C with a humidity of 70% (so you guys know the ambient temp)

I'm currently running a brand new 7700k at stock speed, with a Phanteks TC12DX cooler, on an Asrock Z270 Extreme 4, in a mid tower with 3 120mm fans (1 rear, 2 front) (just finished building 2 hours ago)

Even in stock clocks, idling, in BIOS, the 7700k is at 60°C. The attached pic was taken before i tuned the fan profile to be more aggressive, but after tuning the fans, the temps will still be about 55-77°C. I haven't even installed Windows yet!

Have i bought a potato chip? Is the cooler inadequate? Do i need to remount the cooler or buy a different thermal paste?(i used the paste bundled with the TC12DX)

Note: I found a few stains and scratches on the mating surface of my TC12DX, tried cleaning it with ethanol and water, still didn't become clean (no pictures of that, unfortunately). I think that's where the problem lies, but i'm still not sure, because i don't have a different cooler. I'm considering buying the Deepcool Gammax 400 and the Thermalright Chill Factor3 paste so as to test out whether the cooler is potato or the CPU is. If it's the cooler, i'll return it and buy a better one. If it's the CPU, i'll return it and get a 6700k instead. However, any input from the many experienced enthusiasts here would be greatly appreciated.

15894420_1190840124357052_7678218071638633341_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

A few scratches shouldn't really affect temperatures like that. Is thhe fan running? Have you tried re-mounting it?

Yes i have tried to remount it at first, when i tried to clean the scratches on the mating surface. All fans are running  at 60%+ capacity, since i made them more aggresive. Current temp is 58°C. I have a 3-day return period, and i just want to play it safe, since i don't have the budget for a water cooler. So if the cooler is fine as you said, i might return the 7700k for a 6700k, just to be safe @@

However, i have yet to see any benchmark and temp reading of the 7700k in hot/subtropical countries. I might be wrong abt everything and it might just be my cooler is just barely good enough, the CPU is running normally, but the climate just doesn't agree with my build xD

CPUs run hotter in the BIOS because they're running at higher clocks than in Windows while they're clocked lower.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

CPUs run hotter in the BIOS because they're running at higher clocks than in Windows while they're clocked lower.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, man, i'll update the temp readings once i installed Windows :D

1 minute ago, Maverick4407 said:

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, man, i'll update the temp readings once i installed Windows :D

Yeah like my CPU runs in the low 30s in Windows at the desktop, mid 50s in my BIOS.

UPDATE #1: I finished installing Windows, and from the looks of 3 different temp reading programs below, things look pretty good at idle. However, why is the reading of #Temperature4 of Open HW Monittor always above 100 celsius?(redboxed in the pic) Should i be worried?

Im going to try memtest and prime95 later.

temps.png