EPPHO

Dell announced 8k monitor. Is this really necessary? I mean what kind of GPUs will this require to game properly? This is bullshit imo.

2 R7 250x's could probably play witcher 3 on ultra at 8k..

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Why?

It will be expensive + you will need shit ton of Titan XP cards to get decent FPS which adds more to the cost. I mean i know there are people who have money for it but i don't see it being so popular. The only thing is that 2k and 4k monitors will be cheaper

7 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Dell announced 8k monitor. Is this really necessary? I mean what kind of GPUs will this require to game properly? This is bullshit imo.

its aimed at photography and cinematic productivity etc, you know people who shoot at really high resolutions. not every (pc) product released is for gaming. 

Just now, tlink said:

its aimed at photography and cinematic productivity etc, you know people who shoot at really high resolutions.

It will be impossible to do that unless the monitor is 50+ inch

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

It will be expensive + you will need shit ton of Titan XP cards to get decent FPS which adds more to the cost. I mean i know there are people who have money for it but i don't see it being so popular. The only thing is that 2k and 4k monitors will be cheaper

Do you understand that's not a gaming monitor? And it's bleeding edge technology, no shit you're going to need expensive hardware to drive games on it. That's why it's meant for content production and the medical field.

No, not even close.

no it isn't. art prints are really high dpi. 1440 dpi for example. you need really high resolution screens for that.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Do you understand that's not a gaming monitor? And it's bleeding edge technology, no shit you're going to need expensive hardware to drive games on it. That's why it's meant for content production and the medical field.

No, not even close.

Just now, tlink said:

no it isn't. art prints are really high dpi. 1440 dpi for example. you need really high resolution screens for that.

Well then good luck with that,gonna need glasses to see icons and shit

then don't use a shit OS.

Or particular companies use software that scales relatively to the screen size, rather than pixel count. Windows will still be fairly small, but DPI and Zoom will fix that until software is launched.

Just now, tlink said:

then don't use a shit OS.

Just now, NinJake said:

Or particular companies use software that scales relatively to the screen size, rather than pixel count. Windows will still be fairly small, but DPI and Zoom will fix that until software is launched.

Alright

11 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Is this really necessary? I mean what kind of GPUs will this require to game properly? This is bullshit imo.

I bet people said the same shit about 4k and VR and now look at what has happened.

Chill out mate.

5 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

1) A MONITOR? DAFUQ? At that size, it's going to be literally impossible to tell the difference. It makes sense for really big TVs, but this?

2) Just so you know what we're dealing with... Think about how easy it is to play 1080p video vs 1080p gaming. Now go to YouTube and find a sample 8k video. Make sure to have task manager. Even 6700ks can't pull it off

It's 32 inch apparently and costs 5k$. I still consider it bullshit

18 minutes ago, tlink said:

its aimed at photography and cinematic productivity etc, you know people who shoot at really high resolutions. not every (pc) product released is for gaming. 

Why do people think all the top end stuff is meant for gaming? :\

(this is not pointed at you and is more of a rhetorical question)

With one 8k monitor other companies will start to follow and as more become available to the consumer then GPU's will become cheaper and more powerful to run 8k gaming.

The same thing happened with 4k many companies started to follow and now it is quite normal for people to have 4k

Hello

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

But 8k gaming really isn't damn worth it.

Not really for gaming but mostly for content creation RN, maybe in 5-10 years it will become the norm for gaming as it becomes cheaper and more widespread

Hello

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Open it in another tab, crank up the resolution and cry when your paltry 6950x is pinned at 100% CPU usage

Or this 

and of course, remember that YouTube's compression makes this easier to run than proper 8k would be.

So basically 5000$ for monitor, 5000$ for GPUs, 2000$ for CPU and about 1000$ for other stuff. They are going to sell those monitors to fellas from Arab Emirates who own oil companies :D

6 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

-SNIP-

Open it in another tab, crank up the resolution and cry when your paltry 6950x is pinned at 100% CPU usage

Or this 

-SNIP-

and of course, remember that YouTube's compression makes this easier to run than proper 8k would be.

Hardware would also get  optimised 

3 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

So basically 5000$ for monitor, 5000$ for GPUs, 2000$ for CPU and about 1000$ for other stuff. They are going to sell those monitors to fellas from Arab Emirates who own oil companies :D

and prices will get cheaper LOL

Hello

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Hardware would also get  optimised 

and prices will get cheaper LOL

I don't care about it but i am pretty sure there are other things they could work on like RGB LIGHTNING on monitor and those types of things :D

4 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

I don't care about it but i am pretty sure there are other things they could work on like RGB LIGHTNING on monitor and those types of things :D

True lol but like apple want HW to be as thin as possible Screen manufacturers want as many pixels as possiblexD

Hello

1 hour ago, frozeNNN said:

Some people's eyes actually work. ;)

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Why do people think all the top end stuff is meant for gaming? :\

(this is not pointed at you and is more of a rhetorical question)

because they look at it from their narrative i guess. just shortsightedness. it takes some time for someone to snap out of that tunnel vision, i notice it with myself like that atleast.

2 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

it doesnt? compression is shrinking filesize by increasing workload. compression is always going to tax your cpu more than not compression, thats why filetransfer is less taxing than winrar for your cpu. generally the larger the filesize the less taxing it will be on the cpu.