Review of a free item? Where to post?

Darkangel86
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

If you are unsure about rules, PM a mod. They are very helpful. It sounds to me like it would be fine.

I noticed the guidelines in the "member reviews" section prohibits publishing reviews that are sponsored. Where can I post such a review of an item I got for free in exchange for a review?

I am not making money from this but I did receive the product for free in exchange for an honest user review on various sites. There will be no advertising and no soliciting in my review.

Since I didn't pay for the product, is it OK to post in "member reviews" Can someone direct me to where would be the best place to post without violating any rules?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Darkangel86 said:

I noticed the guidelines in the "member reviews" section prohibits publishing reviews that are sponsored. Where can I post such a review of an item I got for free in exchange for a review?

I am not making money from this but I did receive the product for free in exchange for an honest user review on various sites. There will be no advertising and no soliciting in my review.

Since I didn't pay for the product, is it OK to post in "member reviews" Can someone direct me to where would be the best place to post without violating any rules?

Thanks!

As far as my interpretation goes, as long as the review is unbiased it is ok. How you obtained the product is irrelevant, so long as the company is not encouraging or requiring you to give a positive review. Your own, unique opinion is allowed.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

As far as my interpretation goes, as long as the review is unbiased it is ok. How you obtained the product is irrelevant, so long as the company is not encouraging or requiring you to give a positive review. Your own, unique opinion is allowed.

That's what I understood too by reading the guidelines, but I want to make sure I don't anger mods / admins as I've never posted a review on LTT Forum before.

The review will be my own, unbiased without any ads. I just received the product at no cost to me.

17 minutes ago, Darkangel86 said:

Thanks!

So let the cynic (probably to harsh a word in this scenario) in me get this correct, you were sponsored (ie:given for free) a product in exchange for posting reviews (advertising)  on various sites?

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 minute ago, it_dont_work said:

So let the cynic (probably to harsh a word in this scenario) in me get this correct, you were sponsored (ie:given for free) a product in exchange for posting reviews (advertising)  on various sites?

I was given a product for free to review it. Yes.

I wouldn't call it advertising, more like honest review, if it sucks I will post that it sucks and that would be my "user review".

I will also create my own pictures, captions, etc. No marketing material will be utilized.

these paid-for reviews piss me off enough on Amazon, glad they are not on linus tech tips too.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

If you are unsure about rules, PM a mod. They are very helpful. It sounds to me like it would be fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This "paid for" reviews are bull crap.

Sure, they say we want your "honest" review, but if you post a review bashing their product you'll never get a free product again.

It is NOT unbiased.

7 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

This "paid for" reviews are bull crap.

Sure, they say we want your "honest" review, but if you post a review bashing their product you'll never get a free product again.

It is NOT unbiased.

I frankly wouldn't care if I didn't get a free product again! A crap product will always be a crap product.

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thank you, will do that then.