GPU ranking by tier

Kevo05s
1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

While userbenchmark though a fine benchmarking to have general idea of your rig is not the most reliable place to compare hardware.

I'm going off placing them side by side. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

If Pascal was, I'd own one. 

then own one no one is stoping you pascal can overclock a lot more then maxwell cards on average. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

then own one no one is stoping you pascal can overclock a lot more then maxwell cards on average. 

My reference PCB Hybrids both overclock past 1500MHz when their base clock speed is 1050MHz. GPU Boost 3.0 killed overclocking. The HOF 1080 doesn't even overclock. 

the fury x is more powerful then 980 ti but not fast as 1070. amd finewine update gave the fury x a bit of a performance boost. 

Yeah, no. A Fury X can match a 980ti at reference speeds in a few AMD titles. Place them in the same case, and no. 

Yeah, no. A Fury X can match a 980ti at reference speeds in a few AMD titles. Place them in the same case, and no. 

its a vary good card 

12 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Much better approach; this unlike the PSU Tier list, is quite useless because you'll be buying a GPU based on your needs and wishes and that will depend A LOT.

Now I'm not going further on argues about what is strong and what isn't but I have at home my PC running 6700+Titan X and a 6600k+1070 and they perform almost identical for the most part, in fact the Titan one has a slightly but noticeable better performance (could be because of the CPU though).

If you use 1920x1080p / 2560x1080p or even 2560x1440p I put my hand on fire to say that upgrading from the Titan X and 980Ti is not required at all yet, and they can survive the first Pascal line up just fine, upgrading only makes sense in the next gen on something like GTX 1180.

Unless of course you can't wait to get your hands on 4k Ultra and needs to buy a Quadro P6000

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

its a vary good card 

I completely agree. But the 980ti still beats a Fury X unless you stack the deck against the 980ti. On equal terms the 980ti wins. Takes nothing away from the Fury X or Fury. 

I completely agree. But the 980ti still beats a Fury X unless you stack the deck against the 980ti. On equal terms the 980ti wins. Takes nothing away from the Fury X or Fury. 

the price sucks now and AMD is killing it with prices my only problem with fury is VRAM only 4 gb

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

the price sucks now and AMD is killing it with prices my only problem with fury is VRAM only 4 gb

I bought a brand new 980ti Classified for 350 bucks. My second Hybrid for 400. The problem is 3rd party sellers, and a price hike from supply and demand. 

I updated the list guys based on the inputs that I got

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

Just now, App4that said:

I bought a brand new 980ti Classified for 350 bucks. My second Hybrid for 400. The problem is 3rd party sellers, and a price hick from supply and demand. 

the fury x can be had for 269 usd at some places to 360 usd new. amd finewine will sweeten the deal long term considering the 1050 ti is comparable to the 780 ti its not looking good in the longrun. 

11 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Never argue with ignorant people. They will always think they are right now matter how wrong they are

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

Laugh it up, fuzz ball. Just because you don't need a Titan X, doesn't mean someone else doesn't. 

Why would I want one when I can get a better card for cheaper? 

And I never said no one needs one. 

Man this four months is full of people putting words in others mouth. 

Ignorance eh? 

1 minute ago, Jamtoad said:

Never argue with ignorant people. They will always think they are right now matter how wrong they are

And I never said no one needs one. 

Man this four months is full of people putting words in others mouth. 

Ignorance eh? 

For what is worth I got mine 7 months used for cheaper than a GTX 1060 6gb but the previous owner wanted to get rid of it to SLI 1080's

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

the fury x can be had for 269 usd at some places to 360 usd new. amd finewine will sweeten the deal long term considering the 1050 ti is comparable to the 780 ti its not looking good in the longrun. 

Yeah, you got to stop using that fine wine crap LOL. At best it rewards AMD for being slow on optimization, but as someone who owned AMD for years and has a 390 that gets 30 fps in Forza while the 970 and RX 480 get 60. It's inaccurate. 

2 minutes ago, Jamtoad said:

So what Maxwell card has 12g of VRAM and at least the same performance?

Yeah, you got to stop using that fine wine crap LOL. At best it rewards AMD for being slow on optimization, but as someone who owned AMD for years and has a 390 that gets 30 fps in Forza while the 970 and RX 480 get 60. It's inaccurate. 

hey man what matters is performance the 1060 is slowing down and the 480 is speeding up. the midrange marker every drop counts. performance to price is king. 

Just now, App4that said:

Professionally talking 12GB of vram can be useful, not for gaming though

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

hey man what matters is performance the 1060 is slowing down and the 480 is speeding up. the midrange marker every drop counts. performance to price is king. 

That's not wine then. You're looking at current cards. It's great the 480 is getting better, but don't be surprised when the 1060 get similar treatment. Why competition is so important. And being a fan is so dangerous. ;)

2 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

Professionally talking 12GB of vram can be useful, not for gaming though

You literally missed me say who the Titan X was for. Your gold star is already on the fridge, mom's proud. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Who said maxwell? Just get a 1080 or two

You literally missed me say who the Titan X was for. Your gold star is already on the fridge, mom's proud. 

I was agreeing with you don't be so salty...

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

That's not wine then. You're looking at current cards. It's great the 480 is getting better, but don't be surprised when the 1060 get similar treatment. Why competition is so important. And being a fan is so dangerous. ;)

i am not a fan i get whatever is best card for my budget my 1070 is better then any AMD card that's our right now. also the 1060 most likely won't get that drastic of an improvement the 480 did, unlike amd Nvidia cares more about the 1070,1080 and the titan xp.

1 minute ago, Jamtoad said:

Who said maxwell? Just get a 1080 or two

A Maxwell Titan X or even a 980ti beat a 1080 at workstation tasks.