Is the Deepcool Ice Edge Mini good?

Mirdon

I'm currently looking for an air cooler but the only available Cooler atm in a local store is the Deepcool Ice Edge Mini for $8. My cpu is an i7-4770 on stock, would it be a good replacement for the stock intel fan? Because a friend of mine is willing to buy it for $5 from me.

2 minutes ago, Mirdon said:

I'm currently looking for an air cooler but the only available Cooler atm in a local store is the Deepcool Ice Edge Mini for $8. My cpu is an i7-4770 on stock, would it be a good replacement for the stock intel fan? Because a friend of mine is willing to buy it for $5 from me.

This "user" reviewed it and says no

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1049748

And our LTT member did it too

yea it doesnt look like it improves on the surface area the stock cooler provides, my cooler is about 4X the size of that one. I like to judge a cooler by its specified weight because im too lazy to count fins, mine is old and near 1kg. I think the good ones now are around 600 - 800g

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

• 2 years later...

since it comes up in search results, i'll post this:

Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS is amazing value for cheap.

secret to fitting: put a decent amount of thermal paste (not too much that it may spill onto the mainboard on pressure)

No dots in the middle here...cover the whole surface, then wipe off excess on the two pipes, they must contact.

then fit on cpu. done.

Then search around for a decent 80 mm 4 pin fan to replace stock one with at your leisure for better cooling.

the provided one is 2500 rpm and very quiet (cant hear it), beef it up.