iPhone 2G Prototype is up on eBay for 7000$-The Holy Grail of iPhones

Djole123
32 minutes ago, raxbg said:

I've heard of collector's item, however an iPhone prototype seemed really strange to me. I get the idea of collecting unique stuff, for example a unique book, or painting, but this... Anyways, if buying this will make the buyer feel good, then it is worth it I guess. 

If the collector loves Apple/iPhones, then it's only natural they'd want to own one of the first iPhones.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

1 hour ago, Starelementpoke said:

4S isn't really that ancient dude. Especially with how long apple support software updates.

Hers is all dented n stuff.  She has like a black bar on the screen yet refuses to get it fixed

32 minutes ago, raxbg said:

I've heard of collector's item, however an iPhone prototype seemed really strange to me. I get the idea of collecting unique stuff, for example a unique book, or painting, but this... Anyways, if buying this will make the buyer feel good, then it is worth it I guess. 

It is a collectors item, but it also has a high likelihood to appreciate in value, so many people may look at it as an investment.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1 minute ago, bob345 said:

It is a collectors item, but it also has a high likelihood to appreciate in value, so many people may look at it as an investment.

If only the world didn't revolve around money, or at least people were spending them more on productive/meaningful matters instead of this kind of stuff :D. It is sad to think that somebody's purpose would be to buy this, so they can sell it for more later, but this is completely different topic.

I would never pay the amount but it is a collectors item.