B150 vs B250

So, here's my newest dilemma. I just bought a B150 motherboard (Gigabyte B150 phoenix) and I'm buying a used 6400 from a guy who's gonna upgrade to a 7700k when they get released. And I was thinking if I should return it and wait for the B250 boards to get released. I haven't really found any clear topic that explains the differences between them and I'm pretty happy with the features the little gigabyte board offers. But I'm just wondering if it's worth it for me to get a B250 motherboard instead of a B150.

Thanks

- Robbivip

B250 will probably have more PCIexpress 3.0 lanes. B150 has 8 lanes and B250 could have 10 or 12 lanes. This is only interesting, when you use all your PCIe slots and the M.2 port and your SATA Express. With B150, some ports are sharing lanes so you can use either this or that, check out your manual. With B250, this sharing decreases and you can plug in more components/devices.

Harry

EDIT:

B250 gets four extra PCIexpress 3.0 lanes. This will allow Mainboards to configure PCI-E 3.0 with x8 ports or allows up to three M.2 ports to be configured with a PCIexpress 3.0 x4 connection. So B150 is good! But B250 is better - when you really use all this new features. B250 needs DDR4 with 2400MHz.

On 1/2/2017 at 2:49 PM, Harry_554 said:

B250 will probably have more PCIexpress 3.0 lanes. B150 has 8 lanes and B250 could have 10 or 12 lanes. This is only interesting, when you use all your PCIe slots and the M.2 port and your SATA Express. With B150, some ports are sharing lanes so you can use either this or that, check out your manual. With B250, this sharing decreases and you can plug in more components/devices.

Harry

EDIT:

B250 gets four extra PCIexpress 3.0 lanes. This will allow Mainboards to configure PCI-E 3.0 with x8 ports or allows up to three M.2 ports to be configured with a PCIexpress 3.0 x4 connection. So B150 is good! But B250 is better - when you really use all this new features. B250 needs DDR4 with 2400MHz.

The board I got was at a 40% discount, and it's a mini itx board so I don't think non of this will truly matter for me. Thanks for the in depth response.

Thanks

- Robbivip