Owners of NZXT H440 beware

Maxtuckerpc1998

just warning anyone that owns or is thinking about getting a h440 about a issue i found,it is a great case dont get me wrong,i love it but do not put any hard drives in the front cages unless it is at the top of the case

the fans this case comes with are weak at best because they are quiet editions,you will starve your gpu of air if you put any hard drives in the bottom or middle sections

my asus strix 1070 was getting to 85 degrees without being overclocked

moved my hard drives and removed the extra cages and 60 degrees overclocked now (:

hard drives in 2017 x D

(sorry had to)

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

9 hours ago, wildthing said:

hard drives in 2017 x D

(sorry had to)

LOL yeah i know, i have a 500gb ssd too but you know....i cant afford 3tb worth of ssd goodness xD

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 4:43 AM, Ellen_orangecloud said:

If the fans are the issue then why not swap them for stronger fans? :/ 
Or go with smaller 2.5' HDDs. 

that is also a choice but i didnt want to give up the quietness of the included fans,or shell out the money for new ones yet

On 1/2/2017 at 9:43 AM, Ellen_orangecloud said:

If the fans are the issue then why not swap them for stronger fans? :/ 
Or go with smaller 2.5' HDDs. 

I agree, buy these fans.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

The fans are pretty middle-of-the-road and aren't the issue. The case is just very restrictive and would be an issue for most fans. The newest revision of the H440 has somewhat alleviated this issue by making the case deeper and adding side ventilation.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.