Does anynone jnow how to BCLK overclock?

HI!

I am using an i7 6700 and a Gigabyte ga-z170x gaming 5 motherboard (rev 1.0) and I really want to oc my 6700 because I just bought a h100i v2. Could someone please help me?

6 minutes ago, k2711000 said:

HI!

I am using an i7 6700 and a Gigabyte ga-z170x gaming 5 motherboard (rev 1.0) and I really want to oc my 6700 because I just bought a h100i v2. Could someone please help me?

Linus went over it in the 6700K guide where he did both regular and base overclocking. @12:00

Just now, W-L said:

Linus went over it in the 6700K guide where he did both regular and base overclocking.

I have read that for bclk oc needs a  specific bios

2 minutes ago, k2711000 said:

I have read that for bclk oc needs a  specific bios

No they don't use aftermarket BIOS's just a different tweaking of settings inside the BIOS to achieve a similar result as with regular multiplier overclocking.

Just now, W-L said:

No they don't use aftermarket BIOS's just a different tweaking of settings inside the BIOS to achieve a similar result as with regular multiplier overclocking.

anyways, thanks mate

You might need an older BIOS version. Just go to Gigabytes Website, they should list it in the update log for each BIOs whether or not they removed the Skylake OC feature or not.

Basically you either use current BIOs or update to older BIOs and change the BCLK number and voltage. Also your PC may not want to boot if your RAM is above 2666Mhz. Myself and about 3 other people I've come across has had this issue.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

He might need to flash an older BIOs though as most if not all newer versions of BIOs have the Skylake OC feature disabled for locked chips as Intel made them.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

You might need an older BIOS version. Just go to Gigabytes Website, they should list it in the update log for each BIOs whether or not they removed the Skylake OC feature or not.

Basically you either use current BIOs or update to older BIOs and change the BCLK number and voltage. Also your PC may not want to boot if your RAM is above 2666Mhz. Myself and about 3 other people I've come across has had this issue.

right now I am running the f1 bios

32 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

My pc does not post, it just bootloops...

How do I clear CMOS?

9 hours ago, k2711000 said:

My pc does not post, it just bootloops...

How do I clear CMOS?

There should either be a button on your motherboard or a little battery you can take out.

I would go to Gigabytes BIOs versions and see which ones do the locked skylake OC feature and which ones don't. You might be able to find them on some other website for ease of access also.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:25 PM, DarkBlade2117 said:

There should either be a button on your motherboard or a little battery you can take out.

I would go to Gigabytes BIOs versions and see which ones do the locked skylake OC feature and which ones don't. You might be able to find them on some other website for ease of access also.

funny thing... my BIOS got corrupt and I had to buy a new motherboard :P I bought the  gigabyte ga z170x gaming 7 although I have a problem with it... the onboard soundcard is god awful there is a lot of static noise (I think this how it's called)