FPS is low with good gpu?

RoboTechnal

I have a i3-6100 CPU and an MSI RX 480 4GB Gaming X, and when I play csgo at all low settings, I get something less than 100fps in game. I don't know what's wrong. I see people with the EXACT SAME setup and they have it on all high settings and they get above 200fps. I've tried messing around with the launch options on steam. I've installed the drivers for my gpu. I've tried testing out some settings on the AMD software. All settings are at the lowest they can go on CSGO. This is getting annoying because I have a 144hz monitor that needs those 144+ fps. What do I do?

Probably 1080p, but what resolution?

Also, make sure that no advanced settings or resolution scaling is going on

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

Probably 1080p, but what resolution?

Also, make sure that no advanced settings or resolution scaling is going on

1080p yep. Where would I go to find those advanced settings or resolution scaling?

Idk if it is permitted or not to link another forum, but yes as App4that said ur cpu is bottlenecking ur gpu, toms hardware has a guide on the subject so here it is http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3192807/ultimate-bottlenecking-guide.html and here is the link to the chart on the RX480 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qSkGtqIXpBBFwidUxl2LlWpIh3CQQGTrfc4WySMe14o/edit#gid=0

17 hours ago, XxRustyxX said:

Idk if it is permitted or not to link another forum, but yes as App4that said ur cpu is bottlenecking ur gpu, toms hardware has a guide on the subject so here it is http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3192807/ultimate-bottlenecking-guide.html and here is the link to the chart on the RX480 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qSkGtqIXpBBFwidUxl2LlWpIh3CQQGTrfc4WySMe14o/edit#gid=0

So why am I getting below 60fps on all high settings vs. somebody getting over 200fps on all high settings?

Do you have anything running in the background? Try scanning your PC with Malwarebytes

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

31 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Do you have anything running in the background? Try scanning your PC with Malwarebytes

I scanned my computer with malwarebyted and there was nothing. And I'm pretty sure I don't have anything in the background.

19 hours ago, App4that said:

CPU is holding you back Jack.

I don't think his CPU would limit him that far. I have friends with less powerful systems that achieve higher framerates. There is some underlying issue that could be temps, driver malfunction, or another component not working correctly.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

So I haven't got a reply yet. Why do people with the same gpu and CPU get way better results than me? 

1 minute ago, Festive said:

I don't think his CPU would limit him that far. I have friends with less powerful systems that achieve higher framerates. There is some underlying issue that could be temps, driver malfunction, or another component not working correctly.

Funny how most of the time when this argument is made, the person has an i7.

Getting the best performance means having balance. Why 1070 SLI can beat 1080 SLI. Not even a 6700k is enough for 2 1080. 

Balance the system and you'll find those underlying problems vanish.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

4 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

So I haven't got a reply yet. Why do people with the same gpu and CPU get way better results than me? 

And I'm getting rubber banding in csgo with sort of high fps (70-95) and sort of low ping (40-60). This is my new pc and I would like for it to be working and not worse than my laptop with a NVIDIA GTX 660M. Not to mention, I have to play on all low settings on csgo to achieve 70-100 fps on csgo with my setup.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Funny how most of the time when this argument is made, the person has an i7.

Getting the best performance means having balance. Why 1070 SLI can beat 1080 SLI. Not even a 6700k is enough for 2 1080. 

Balance the system and you'll find those underlying problems vanish.

Sure balance is a factor but with the terrible performance he has, an i3-6100 + 4G 480 isn't that unbalanced. Yes I do have an i7 but that has nothing to do with him getting <100 FPS in Csgo.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

1 hour ago, RoboTechnal said:

What's your source for this claim?

57 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

What's your source for this claim?

If you look up on YouTube, people have videos of the same specs playing csgo on much higher frame rates.

1 hour ago, 7850OC said:

2 cores CPU in 2017 :( (bad choice friend)

Lol 2017. Umm, would it be possible to switch to an i5-6400? Or would I need a new motherboard along with that. I checked PCPartpicker and they say they are compatible, but I'm wanting to know if it's really that easy to just upgrade a CPU like that. Taking the heatsink off and putting the new one in and everything works fine?

41 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

If you look up on YouTube, people have videos of the same specs playing csgo on much higher frame rates.

E.g.?

48 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

Because it's YouTube,  it's not real. People fake numbers, because they can. Look at all the videos of people playing modern games at high settings using a iGPU, fake. 

2 hours ago, Festive said:

Sure balance is a factor but with the terrible performance he has, an i3-6100 + 4G 480 isn't that unbalanced. Yes I do have an i7 but that has nothing to do with him getting <100 FPS in Csgo.

The RX 480 requires a i5 all least. And a good i5 at that.

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

Because it's YouTube,  it's not real. People fake numbers, because they can. Look at all the videos of people playing modern games at high settings using a iGPU, fake. 

The RX 480 requires a i5 all least. And a good i5 at that.

What about the i5-6500 or i5-6400. Would that do?

50 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

What about the i5-6500 or i5-6400. Would that do?

Personally I wouldn't buy a locked i5 for gaming. If you don't have a Z motherboard, get a locked i7. The 6500 is fine today, but will age quickly. 

17 minutes ago, App4that said:

Personally I wouldn't buy a locked i5 for gaming. If you don't have a Z motherboard, get a locked i7. The 6500 is fine today, but will age quickly. 

This build was supposed to be a budget build.... lol.. what's the cheapest i7 that will be best?