Corsair 750D vs Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Phanteks Enthoo Primo - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25558

Corair 750D - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_961&products_id=25189

Just looking to get other peoples opinions and some pros vs cons. Personally i think the Primo has way more useful features and would be a better option not even being more expensive really since you get 5 (high quality from what ive heard) fans valued at over $20 each. but let me know what you guys think. Interested in what other people think.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

If you're going watercooling, I'd get the Primo, because jesus, thats pretty good for only 270 I'd say.

If you're going watercooling, I'd get the Primo, because jesus, thats pretty good for only 270 I'd say.

The thing is that its my first build so no water cooling but 99% chance in my next upgrade i will watercool my own custom loop so that makes the Primo futureproof in a way as well. in saying that its not like the 750d can't watercool but not as good as the Primo.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

The thing is that its my first build so no water cooling but 99% chance in my next upgrade i will watercool my own custom loop so that makes the Primo futureproof in a way as well. in saying that its not like the 750d can't watercool but not as good as the Primo.

kinda good way to look at it, but the 750D isn't $270 either. $60 is a sharp sting

to a build budget, too.

I received my Primo a few days ago and man is it a gorgeous case. However, it's really not worth the 60$ over the 750D if you're not going to watercool your rig right away. The 750D is well capable of holding a sweet watercooling gear; the only difference between it and the Primo is that the latter helps you a bit by having specific watercooling support ready for you such as a dedicated reservoir bracket or even pump mount. In a sense, because of all of those dedicated pieces, there is effectively less space than the 750D and therefore may lead to compatibility issues when the time comes for the upgrade, not to mention by that time they might release a better case in the Enthoo line up, who knows.

As for the fans, if you're going to watercool your rig, you're most likely going to buy your owns like I did. It's a good thing to have though. Either way it's up to you. Are you ready to sacrifice a bit of space and compatibility issues for specific watercooling support or save 60$? The choice is yours.

Pros of Primo:

- watercooling support gear

- rubber rings on every screw, preventing some vibration

- massive radiator support (up to 2x480 + 2x120 + 1x240 all at the same time, sortof)

- Lots of cable management and material to do it (velcros, hooks, zip ties, etc)

- cleaner? if you don't like to see the power supply, it's hidden

Cons:

- May have compatibility issues with long graphics cards and many pci cards and such if using certain dedicated watercooling ready gear such as the reservoir mount

I don't have a 750D so I can't tell you the specifics of it but we all know it's a great case :) Personally in your case i'd go 750D but don't get me wrong, the primo is awesome

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

kinda good way to look at it, but the 750D isn't $270 either. $60 is a sharp sting

to a build budget, too.

Both fit in my budget otherwise i would have just gone 800d lol. but thats $300+ and its way to big with features i don't need for example hotswaps - i will probably never use that im gonna install the hdds and thats it.

I received my Primo a few days ago and man is it a gorgeous case. However, it's really not worth the 60$ over the 750D if you're not going to watercool your rig right away. The 750D is well capable of holding a sweet watercooling gear; the only difference between it and the Primo is that the latter helps you a bit by having specific watercooling support ready for you such as a dedicated reservoir bracket or even pump mount. In a sense, because of all of those dedicated pieces, there is effectively less space than the 750D and therefore may lead to compatibility issues when the time comes for the upgrade, not to mention by that time they might release a better case in the Enthoo line up, who knows.

As for the fans, if you're going to watercool your rig, you're most likely going to buy your owns like I did. It's a good thing to have though. Either way it's up to you. Are you ready to sacrifice a bit of space and compatibility issues for specific watercooling support or save 60$? The choice is yours.

Pros of Primo:

- watercooling support gear

- rubber rings on every screw, preventing some vibration

- massive radiator support (up to 2x480 + 2x120 + 1x240 all at the same time, sortof)

- Lots of cable management and material to do it (velcros, hooks, zip ties, etc)

- cleaner? if you don't like to see the power supply, it's hidden

Cons:

- May have compatibility issues with long graphics cards and many pci cards and such if using certain dedicated watercooling ready gear such as the reservoir mount

I don't have a 750D so I can't tell you the specifics of it but we all know it's a great case :) Personally in your case i'd go 750D but don't get me wrong, the primo is awesome

You make very good points actually. But imo the pros of the Primo to the 750d weight out the cons. Plus its not so common so it will be a bit more unique and i dont really want to buy another case anytime soon. and really the one issue (pcie card lenght clearence) wont most liekly be an issue for me (hopefully).so thanks for the detailed reply you've really helped me make my decision. 

Personally, I love the simple and clean design of the 750D.

Thats true i absolutly love it too but the Primo looks amazing too. Plus im gonna change out the leds in front for green or rgb anyways and that just adds too the looks.

I'd choose the 750D because it's cheaper and looks symmetric.

The Phantek's one would do nice if it was watercooled.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Both fit in my budget otherwise i would have just gone 800d lol. but thats $300+ and its way to big with features i don't need for example hotswaps - i will probably never use that im gonna install the hdds and thats it.

the 800D was fine for its generation, but for today's tech, not even an option. i hated

my 800D air-cooled or h2o. just wasn't the best case at the time.

i'll tell ya next week, as i just ordered 750D and hopefully by weeks end. coming from an

arc midi and CaseLabs SM8.

My unboxing of the Phanteks will be done soon. It looks great on paper though. I'm excited to see it.

if its as good as what ive been reading, ima be excited too!

i think the 750D is nice, clean and slick, could be good for any setup, air or water in my opinion

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

My unboxing of the Phanteks will be done soon. It looks great on paper though. I'm excited to see it.

equally excited.. if not, scratch build, here i come..

After watching the hardwarecanucks review for both cases I'd definitely go with the Phanteks Enthoo Primo over the Corsair 750D.

Do want.

Anyone know if TTL is going to be reviewing the Primo?

Custom loop  [Core i5 3570k]  [ASUS DCII 680]  [Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H]  [Phanteks Enthoo Primo]  [120GB SSD]  [1TB HDD]

OS  [ubuntu 13.10]  [Numix icon and theme]  [Proprietary Nvidia drivers]

Display  [3x (LG 22EA63T-P)]

Do want.

Anyone know if TTL is going to be reviewing the Primo?

wouldn't it be neat to see the colaborative powers of LTT and TTL after the lil

back-n-forth from the livestream. @LinusTech does the unboxing w/ highlighting

on items of interest and Tom finishes with a review.

hummmmm, well we are waiting!

LOLs

the 800D was fine for its generation, but for today's tech, not even an option. i hated

my 800D air-cooled or h2o. just wasn't the best case at the time.

i'll tell ya next week, as i just ordered 750D and hopefully by weeks end. coming from an

arc midi and CaseLabs SM8.

Cool let me know what you think after you reciece it then but im starting to lean towards the Primo.

After watching the hardwarecanucks review for both cases I'd definitely go with the Phanteks Enthoo Primo over the Corsair 750D.

Ye starting to favour the Primo over the 750d too.

Ye, it does look good on paper but so can anything. But from what ive seen its an absolute beast. Really am curious to see your unboxing to see what you think.