Stress test RAM with Memtest86?

It's been around 2 years since I built my PC. I was getting some weird memory exception errors on Windows 10. Windows would not shut down properly and I would get errors when running some programs and when shutting down my PC.

Windows eventually failed to start, as a result of maybe faulty RAM or an update. I am now running Windows 10 on an SSD. I have not really used Windows since. Though I just turned the PC on and I think I got the same error again. 

I want to stress test my RAM fully and put it to the test. I do NOT want to stress test my CPU as it's on the stock cooler and I might have applied the paste incorrectly. My temps go up to 70, 80 and at times 90. Degrees Celsius. So yeah I don't want to stress test my CPU.

Some people on forums recommend Prime 95 which tests both of them. Why? How can you stress test your RAM while running Windows?

I'm thinking Memtest86 or Memtest86+ are sufficient; which one's more suitable for my hardware? And how many hours should I run it for? I can run it overnight and don't mind running it for longer if necessary.

My build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MGbkhM

Note: I have the stock cooler installed

Edited by Alir
improved questions

I thought memtest was just old and obsolete but apparently it's still getting updates.

I'll just run memtest86 overnight. If anyone wants to start a discussion, feel free.

Can someone who is using Linux please calculate a sha256sum of the .iso file for MemTest86 V7.2 Free Edition. The cd version.

Link: http://memtest86.com/downloads/memtest86-iso.tar.gz

1) Download to /Downloads (default folder)

2) Open terminal

3) Extract the compressed folder in the file manager

4) Terminal: Navigate to Downloads with "cd Downloads

5) Terminal: Navigate to extracted folder with "cd memtest86-iso

6) Terminal: Calculate sha256sum of of iso with "sha256sum Memtest86-7.2.iso

Please paste the result here. That would be awesome!