Powerline adapters ?

charbel1011

I am a heavy csgo player and the house i live in there's no way i can put an ethernet cable from the living room to my room, right now im using wifi on my computer. my question is powerline adapters better than wifi? are they the same as plugging ethernet cable to the router directly? if they will give me gaming improvement in csgo and other games which powerline adapters can you suggest? under 100$ is possible.

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

I am a heavy csgo player and the house i live in there's no way i can put an ethernet cable from the living room to my room, right now im using wifi on my computer. my question is powerline adapters better than wifi? are they the same as plugging ethernet cable to the router directly? if they will give me gaming improvement in csgo and other games which powerline adapters can you suggest? under 100$ is possible.

Depends on how old the wiring in the house is and if they are on different circuits you will get a ton of interference in the fuse box.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

The only way to really know is to try it. My current house is shit for power line adapters but the last place I lived(actually an older home) was great for it. Pick on up from best buy or something, if you don't like the results, return it.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

The only way to really know is to try it. My current house is shit for power line adapters but the last place I lived(actually an older home) was great for it. Pick on up from best buy or something, if you don't like the results, return it.

i wish i can move the router to my room and connect it directly to an ethernet cable sadly the router it's connected to a telephone line and comacast box for channels

If you have coax availability, you could consider an MoCA adapter. That'd be almost ideal providing you with both speed and low latency. Unlike Powerline, MoCA is pretty solid.

In my experience, Powerline provided a higher ping, with less fluctuation. Wireless provides me with pings to the router from 1-10ms, while Powerline stayed between 4-6ms. Wireless provided superior speed though. As others have mentioned, this highly depends on the electrical wiring inside your home. Despite how new the home, it's honestly the luck of the draw when it comes to Powerline. If you live in the UK, they seem to have better experience with Powerline overall. My best recommendation is to purchase a top-of-the-line Powerline kit, and experiment with that.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

2 hours ago, Remix said:

If you have coax availability, you could consider an MoCA adapter. That'd be almost ideal providing you with both speed and low latency. Unlike Powerline, MoCA is pretty solid.

In my experience, Powerline provided a higher ping, with less fluctuation. Wireless provides me with pings to the router from 1-10ms, while Powerline stayed between 4-6ms. Wireless provided superior speed though. As others have mentioned, this highly depends on the electrical wiring inside your home. Despite how new the home, it's honestly the luck of the draw when it comes to Powerline. If you live in the UK, they seem to have better experience with Powerline overall. My best recommendation is to purchase a top-of-the-line Powerline kit, and experiment with that.

What does a Moca adapter do?

2 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

What does a Moca adapter do?

Converts the existing (or new) Coax in your home into Ethernet.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!