MAC BAN DOESEN'T WORK O_o

nitsuga5124

Restart it? Apply Changes? Could be any of the above.

ARP lease could still be valid and the clients only get kicked off when a new ARP lease for ip x is requested / handed out.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

1 minute ago, MrKickkiller said:

Restart it? Apply Changes? Could be any of the above.

ARP lease could still be valid and the clients only get kicked off when a new ARP lease for ip x is requested / handed out.

I've already applied and restarted.

are those devices definitely connected by wireless, or could they be wired? MAC bans only work on wireless, because they work by refusing to allow the devices to join the wireless network. On wired, you can't exactly do that.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I'm fairly certain iPhones can spoof their own mac addresses, and they do it every time they connect to a network (atleast this is what I heard.)

You can't change your password? 

22 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

I'm fairly certain iPhones can spoof their own mac addresses, and they do it every time they connect to a network (atleast this is what I heard.)

You can't change your password? 

Android phones can have their MAC spoofed, if rooted. iOS devices can't, even if jailbroken, if I understand correctly. But regardless, on my personal network (5 iphones) and in our work networks (we are an ISP for student housing, and I have seen the MACs of 5000-10000 iPhones) I have never seen a case where the iPhone's MAC changed. MAC addresses are built into the NIC itself, and while they can be over-ruled by the OS, it is not something manufacturers want people to do.

MAC filtering is usually a white list, meaning that you are only allowing the ones on the list to connect, and blocking everyone else. So what you're doing right now is the opposite of what you want to do. Right now you're allowing the intruders, and blocking yourself. 

49 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

MAC filtering is usually a white list, meaning that you are only allowing the ones on the list to connect, and blocking everyone else. So what you're doing right now is the opposite of what you want to do. Right now you're allowing the intruders, and blocking yourself. 

Nearly all routers I've seen with MAC filtering allow it to work in either whitelist ir blacklist mode. From the video posted, we can see "Policy" is set to "Disable" - which I interpret to mean either the MAC filer is disabled, or the policy is to disable access to the listed devices (blacklist)

OP, can you post a screenshot of what options there are for Policy?

2 hours ago, brwainer said:

Nearly all routers I've seen with MAC filtering allow it to work in either whitelist ir blacklist mode. From the video posted, we can see "Policy" is set to "Disable" - which I interpret to mean either the MAC filer is disabled, or the policy is to disable access to the listed devices (blacklist)

OP, can you post a screenshot of what options there are for Policy?

c3fb98edb3d3100986a633fd747f5c14.png
https://gyazo.com/c3fb98edb3d3100986a633fd747f5c14