WHere can I get a free PC

UnjoGratis

I live in  Europe and I don't want to spend too much money on a build. Can someone please make me a build for under 500 euros if that is possible

2 minutes ago, UnjoGratis said:

k

no where obviously

My Rigs

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A 
                                                                                                        Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card (purchasing soon might be getting G1 or gaming x)

NZXT S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

the landfill

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

So you want us to build a PC for you then ship it over to where you live?

Or do you want a PCP list?

you can get a lot under €500, but as your title implies, if you wanna go free, you go dumpster diving (which, in some countries is of dubious legality, depending on your location a keg of beer can help tho)

You can't get a free PC unless you win a giveaway. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Your best chance is asking a family member or close friend if they have a spare PC.

Other than that I don't think you can get a free one.

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You can't get a free PC unless you win a giveaway. 

you clearly have never gone dumpster diving xD

they may smell like feces sometimes, but you can get some darn good finds :P

12 minutes ago, UnjoGratis said:

I live in  Europe and I don't want to spend too much money on a build. Can someone please make me a build for under 500 euros if that is possible

You can get a free PC just about anywhere, depending on how much time you feel like doing.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

38 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you clearly have never gone dumpster diving xD

tried robbing a computer store?

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

1 minute ago, UnjoGratis said:

You know any good places?

the landfill, recycling centers, dumpsters.

it's called "dumpster diving" for a reason :D

Just now, imPixelTV said:

tried robbing a computer store?

that usually doesnt end too well...

Just now, manikyath said:

that usually doesnt end too well...

well, the GTA V lot managed to steal millions from a bank. what could possibly go wrong?

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

30 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the landfill, recycling centers, dumpsters.

it's called "dumpster diving" for a reason :D

Just now, UnjoGratis said:

How about your house....OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

jk

well.. i have my collection of loot i've gotten trough the years :P

16a20f59d4.jpg

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

16a20f59d4.jpg

Sick collection!! What else you got?

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

16a20f59d4.jpg

i'd put them to use or sell them lol

bregsit

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

well, the GTA V lot managed to steal millions from a bank. what could possibly go wrong?

what I love about that game is I can earn more than I ever could working in one heist and they say crime doesn't pay.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, imPixelTV said:

i'd put them to use or sell them lol

well, the one on the far left is kind of a practical joke, it's put together with parts that are quite literally useless elsewhere, including a fan that's mising a blade (cunningly replaced by ducktape) and other horrors. also comes with a fire hazard warning.

the next one over is an old HP workstation that's 100% toolless, shit's slow as hell, but it's a dream when you have hard drive stuff to be done.

the white one is 20 years old, and is more of a "design piece" (in a similar fashion as linus's lambo)

the one laying down caught fire several times as well.

the blue one is a *TINY* mini-DTX formfactor system, that i'm mostly keeping around because it has all the things that dont exist anymore, in a compact formfactor.

the one on the far right is my old gaming rig, turned server, and since last month finally decomissioned, because god was that necessary. i take it out every so often in the odd case i need to test a GPU. literally everything on that thing is worn out to the bone, including the front bezel.

13 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well, the one on the far left is kind of a practical joke, it's put together with parts that are quite literally useless elsewhere, including a fan that's mising a blade (cunningly replaced by ducktape) and other horrors. also comes with a fire hazard warning.

the next one over is an old HP workstation that's 100% toolless, shit's slow as hell, but it's a dream when you have hard drive stuff to be done.

the white one is 20 years old, and is more of a "design piece" (in a similar fashion as linus's lambo)

the one laying down caught fire several times as well.

the blue one is a *TINY* mini-DTX formfactor system, that i'm mostly keeping around because it has all the things that dont exist anymore, in a compact formfactor.

the one on the far right is my old gaming rig, turned server, and since last month finally decomissioned, because god was that necessary. i take it out every

Just now, UnjoGratis said:

The first build seems nice. Where can I get it??

well.. it's quite literally put together from old shit i got for free, the mobo, cpu, and cpu cooler combo (and iirc it was in a deal with ram and a questionable hard drive as well) was from a deal that involved a bent mobo (as in, stone dead) and a crusty cherry semi-mechanical keyboard.

all case fans are a friend's old yate loons that werent even really acceptable anymore for his bodges, the case is inverted µatx, with a full size atx mobo squeezed inside, and the "GPU" has a date code of "1992" on it ;)

3 hours ago, UnjoGratis said:

See if you've got something like Gumtree or Craigslist in your country - amazing websites. Got my entire sound system from Gumtree :D There's occasionally people that hop on there giving desktops and laptops away for literally pennies with no idea as to how much they're potentially worth

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.