issues with games on my new acer preditor 27inch monitor crashing

XxRubyxX

that is strange..

yeah, doesn't sound like any of us can help you without being there to comb through your settings. best of luck, man! that's a tough deal.

1 minute ago, LuckyDuck69 said:

that is strange..

yeah, doesn't sound like any of us can help you without being there to comb through your settings. best of luck, man! that's a tough deal.

yea it sucks man it really does, i have awful luck with cards tbh my old 680 wouldnt oc at all and this titan well wasnt much of a titan when it cant handle 2k

Systems i currently have 

Project: SnowWolf

Computer Case: Corsair 780T || CPU: intel 5930k @ 4.6GHz || Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 cpu cooler || Mobo: Asus Delux 3.1U || RAM Corsair Vengence lpx (8x8GB Black) 2133MHz || PSU: Corsair ATX 1200watt || HDD: WD Blue 2TB + 500GB Samsung 850 evo ssd || GPU: Nvidia Titan X hybrid @ 1400MHz

Project: No Name

Computer Case: Coolermaster 410 elite(Black) || CPU: intell 3770k @ 3.9GHz || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || Mobo: MSI Something || RAM Corsair vengence (3x4GB Black) 1600MHz || PSU: Corsair 750watt psu || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 500GB Samsung 840 evo || GPU: Nvidia 680  @ 1100MHz

is it under water? i forgot to ask that. it could be a manufacturing error if its still under the stock air cooler. might be worth a shot to take it off and re-seat it with fresh thermal paste. although, if you prefer to RMA it, I'm not sure how that would affect your warranty. but i was just thinking that usually crashes after launching a 3D Application (game) hint at a heat problem.

i still doubt it's the card, though. it's probably some crazy setting somewhere that no one here, including yourself, is thinking of. `shrugs`

PS for what its worth, i don't think anyone's 680 OCed well. mine didn't either.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck69 said:

is it under water? i forgot to ask that. it could be a manufacturing error if its still under the stock air cooler. might be worth a shot to take it off and re-seat it with fresh thermal paste. although, if you prefer to RMA it, I'm not sure how that would affect your warranty. but i was just thinking that usually crashes after launching a 3D Application (game) hint at a heat problem.

i still doubt it's the card, though. it's probably some crazy setting somewhere that no one here, including yourself, is thinking of. `shrugs`

PS for what its worth, i don't think anyone's 680 OCed well. mine didn't either.

i mean it stays at 45-52 max on full load, i have tryed multiple games and reinstall of drivers and such i never had any crashes till this new high end monitor before i was playing on a tv so my gpu laughed at it, so it never happened like this till now and yes ita a hybrid

Systems i currently have 

Computer Case: Corsair 780T || CPU: intel 5930k @ 4.6GHz || Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 cpu cooler || Mobo: Asus Delux 3.1U || RAM Corsair Vengence lpx (8x8GB Black) 2133MHz || PSU: Corsair ATX 1200watt || HDD: WD Blue 2TB + 500GB Samsung 850 evo ssd || GPU: Nvidia Titan X hybrid @ 1400MHz

Computer Case: Coolermaster 410 elite(Black) || CPU: intell 3770k @ 3.9GHz || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || Mobo: MSI Something || RAM Corsair vengence (3x4GB Black) 1600MHz || PSU: Corsair 750watt psu || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 500GB Samsung 840 evo || GPU: Nvidia 680  @ 1100MHz

Do you still have the old monitor? Have you hooked it back up and, if so, does the problem go away? Actually, you can probably just try hooking it up to any other monitor for this purpose.

i have a second monitor that is the same one i was using as a second screen that hasent changed and it still crashes with the same second monitor, and i can try that its just really random when it happened, basically after i plugged my new monitor i was playing dirt 3 and the crew well it happened on both same issue dirt it black screened then the game crashed and i lost all sound so i had to reboot to fix it, i tryed the crew it happend similary tho it just crashed and monitor went black a couple of times and i thought hmm if it was a gpu crash it would said driver crashed then recovered in older drivers it didnt say that, i clocked my refresh rate down to 120 it was ok little more stable all temps was within the 40-50's even on 80-98% load, it didnt crash while on the loading screen of dirt or the crew but when i got onto a map that had alot of shaders and such and racing well it was fine for a few then poof crash, also it likes to lock to 60 being i guess my monitor is only doing what my gpu can do which was 60-70 for a bit i had to do a little bit of messing around and a restart for it to go above that, but since ocing it and giving it 110% power target 50% fan speed manual and over volting it +6mV its stable no crashes but it locks down at 1320 when it given extra voltage, power target and fan speed bump

@LuckyDuck69

Systems i currently have 

1 minute ago, XxRubyxX said:

i have a second monitor that is the same one i was using as a second screen that hasent changed and it still crashes with the same second monitor, and i can try that its just really random when it happened, basically after i plugged my new monitor i was playing dirt 3 and the crew well it happened on both same issue dirt it black screened then the game crashed and i lost all sound so i had to reboot to fix it, i tryed the crew it happend similary tho it just crashed and monitor went black a couple of times and i thought hmm if it was a gpu crash it would said driver crashed then recovered in older drivers it didnt say that, i clocked my refresh rate down to 120 it was ok little more stable all temps was within the 40-50's even on 80-98% load, it didnt crash while on the loading screen of dirt or the crew but when i got onto a map that had alot of shaders and such and racing well it was fine for a few then poof crash, also it likes to lock to 60 being i guess my monitor is only doing what my gpu can do which was 60-70 for a bit i had to do a little bit of messing around and a restart for it to go above that, but since ocing it and giving it 110% power target 50% fan speed manual and over volting it +6mV its stable no crashes but it locks down at 1320 when it given extra voltage, power target and fan speed bump

1 minute ago, XxRubyxX said:

You may have already checked this, as well. But go into Device Manager and see what driver is installed for your monitor. I know most of us just use the plug and play default and it works about 99% of the time for everyone. But...

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Monitor/Monitor_Acer_1.0_W7x86W7x64W8x86W8x64_A.zip?acerid=635847991807540541&Step1=MONITOR&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=XB271HU&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

That's the download link from Acer for the XB271HU monitor. Assuming that is the model you have? You mentioned 2k and 27"

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck69 said:

You may have already checked this, as well. But go into Device Manager and see what driver is installed for your monitor. I know most of us just use the plug and play default and it works about 99% of the time for everyone. But...

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Monitor/Monitor_Acer_1.0_W7x86W7x64W8x86W8x64_A.zip?acerid=635847991807540541&Step1=MONITOR&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=XB271HU&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

That's the download link from Acer for the XB271HU monitor. Assuming that is the model you have? You mentioned 2k and 27"

mine says generic PnP monitor on both

Systems i currently have 

well, you've got nothing to lose at this point. install that driver and reboot. see what happens.

if you swapped it out with another monitor for troubleshooting, make sure you hook it back up before installing the driver.

its not a driver to say atleast theres no way to run it also could it be the latest nvidia driver issue? could that have caused it?

Systems i currently have 

2 minutes ago, XxRubyxX said:

its not a driver to say atleast theres no way to run it 

Create a folder named Predator on the root of your C drive. Unzip the contents of the download into that folder.

Go back into Device Manager and find you monitors in the list. Right click on them and select "Update Driver Software". Navigate to your Predator folder and install. 

Disclaimer: this will most likely just update the color profile for the monitors and not fix the issue you're having. But... it's worth a shot. I've seen stranger things.

i updated it, no change tbh but ill test it and see 

Systems i currently have 

@LuckyDuck69 well i did some other steps it seems its holding stable now without a oc on the card, i might rma and try for a better ASIC quality card but for now its good

Systems i currently have