issues with games on my new acer preditor 27inch monitor crashing

XxRubyxX

i just got a single acer preditor 27inch monitor, well on dirt 3 and the crew id get random crashes not showing video card crash just the screen would go black and game would stop running this monitor is 2560x1440 144hz well i haver a titan x maxwell and im not sure if it causing the issue or what, it be stupid tbh if a my 1100 gpu cant run one monitor for gaming any advice! i really could use some

Systems i currently have 

Project: SnowWolf

Computer Case: Corsair 780T || CPU: intel 5930k @ 4.6GHz || Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 cpu cooler || Mobo: Asus Delux 3.1U || RAM Corsair Vengence lpx (8x8GB Black) 2133MHz || PSU: Corsair ATX 1200watt || HDD: WD Blue 2TB + 500GB Samsung 850 evo ssd || GPU: Nvidia Titan X hybrid @ 1400MHz

Project: No Name

Computer Case: Coolermaster 410 elite(Black) || CPU: intell 3770k @ 3.9GHz || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || Mobo: MSI Something || RAM Corsair vengence (3x4GB Black) 1600MHz || PSU: Corsair 750watt psu || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 500GB Samsung 840 evo || GPU: Nvidia 680  @ 1100MHz

help anyone?

Systems i currently have 

Computer Case: Corsair 780T || CPU: intel 5930k @ 4.6GHz || Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 cpu cooler || Mobo: Asus Delux 3.1U || RAM Corsair Vengence lpx (8x8GB Black) 2133MHz || PSU: Corsair ATX 1200watt || HDD: WD Blue 2TB + 500GB Samsung 850 evo ssd || GPU: Nvidia Titan X hybrid @ 1400MHz

Computer Case: Coolermaster 410 elite(Black) || CPU: intell 3770k @ 3.9GHz || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || Mobo: MSI Something || RAM Corsair vengence (3x4GB Black) 1600MHz || PSU: Corsair 750watt psu || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 500GB Samsung 840 evo || GPU: Nvidia 680  @ 1100MHz

Whatever is causing the crash will most likely be software related and not your monitor actually crashing. This might be a driver issue.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

im on the latest driver, i didnt have this issue till after getting the new monitor which made me worry that its my titan which i have to over volt and over clock for it to stay stable in games. But a Titan x shouldnt have issues with 2k 

Systems i currently have 

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Whether is causing the crash will most likely be software related and not your monitor actually crashing. This might be a driver issue.

shoulda quoted u sorry

Systems i currently have 

11 minutes ago, XxRubyxX said:

im on the latest driver, i didnt have this issue till after getting the new monitor which made me worry that its my titan which i have to over volt and over clock for it to stay stable in games. But a Titan x shouldnt have issues with 2k 

Then it is most likely an issue with multi monitor. AMD's current drivers are having issues with that atm too. It would be better to talk to someone still using Nvidia hardware. @App4thatcan you help him?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

First switch your display port cable if at all possible. 

Next change the display port output from the card. 

If you're running DSR at all, don't. Makes the card hunt for the resolution causing the black outs you speak of. 

See if any of those help.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

First switch your display port cable if at all possible. 

Next change the display port output from the card. 

If you're running DSR at all, don't. Makes the card hunt for the resolution causing the black outs you speak of. 

See if any of those help.

im on display and also i have turned dsr off and i have spoke to evga they said overclocking should help and they said that it could be snippets of drivers older could be in and recommended me to use display driver uninstaller and see how that goes

Systems i currently have 

DDU is a good idea. Not sure why they said overclocking would help. 

Definitely try a different display cable though, most likely cause.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

DDU is a good idea. Not sure why they said overclocking would help. 

Definitely try a different display cable though, most likely cause.

well the display cable im using came with my monitor i got yesterday, and he said it may be i need to give more voltage to give my gpu a better supply of voltage to stabilize it, a i mean it can bearly oc above it stock range even on water so, plus the ASIC quality is in the low 40% so that doesnt help. But im lucky and it seems my card is still under warrenty so they can rma it for something equal or better so im  hoping i can request a 1080 hybrid and that should be far better or if not i cant get a worst gpu then i have now 

Systems i currently have 

ASIC of 40%? You sure? That would be the worst I've ever seen. 

If they will RMA it, I'd jump on it if The ASIC is really that low. 

its like at 45% or 50 something like that, but i think i got the worst one of them all so 

Systems i currently have 

i just tested it its at 54% ASIC sorry if i mistaked it its on that so it bearly gets above 1300 even oced with additional voltage and power target applied 

@App4that

Systems i currently have 

Yeah, I'd RMA it. Might be the problem, might not. But ether way if they're willing to RMA it go for it. 

@App4that they said i cant till jan 3rd go figure they said if needed overclock it till then lol, but idk they said they would try to give me a replacement titan but then again im gonna try and push to get a 1080 hybrid since it better performance so idk if they will swing that or not 

Systems i currently have 

Yeah, good luck with that. EVGA gave me a lower product just a month ago. But they should give you a replacement Titan at least.

@App4that well lowest they can give me is the titan x maxwell and highest is the 1080 hybrid being it has to have the hybrid to be equal to mine btw what u think would be required to run multi monitor for my current monitir?

Systems i currently have 

Doesn't stop them. My 1050GS got replaced with a refurbished 1000G2 that was 10 bucks cheaper new less than a month after I bought it.

Just a heads up, watch them close.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Doesn't stop them. My 1050GS got replaced with a refurbished 1000G2 that was 10 bucks cheaper new less than a month after I bought it.

Just a heads up, watch them close.

im gonna make a request and if it a not a hybrid and b not equal or greater performer then my current ill rma it again, im not gonna let them give me something lower and or im not getting a refurb ill send it back too so.

Systems i currently have 

Yeah, I took it all the way to the top. My options were to make a claim with my credit card company or keep the 1000G2. And I'm lazy. Sat without a power supply for over a week fighting with them.

10 minutes ago, App4that said:

Yeah, I took it all the way to the top. My options were to make a claim with my credit card company or keep the 1000G2. And I'm lazy. Sat without a power supply for over a week fighting with them.

im hoping i wont have to do that tbh, i doubt they would give me that much trouble tho i mean a 1100 gpu they better not its alot of money i spent on it and ill watch out for the tricks

Systems i currently have 

At the risk of redundancy, you've tried different outputs on the video card, right? 

And you have done a full system clean up?

CCleaner - tick every single box and clean as much as possible.

Disk Cleaner (Windows Utility) - tick every single box and clean as much as possible

Display Driver Uninstaller - Run it

CCleaner (again) - tick everything, same as before

Install latest GeForce driver - downloaded directly from nVidia's website

Reboot

Give that a go. Worth a shot, right?

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck69 said:

At the risk of redundancy, you've tried different outputs on the video card, right? 

And you have done a full system clean up?

CCleaner - tick every single box and clean as much as possible.

Disk Cleaner (Windows Utility) - tick every single box and clean as much as possible

Display Driver Uninstaller - Run it

CCleaner (again) - tick everything, same as before

Install latest GeForce driver - downloaded directly from nVidia's website

Reboot

Give that a go. Worth a shot, right?

i have tried the display driver cleaner and i have ran cclearner and i have ran disk cleaner, every shred of left over i have erased and cleaned, at the moment me oc my gpu giving it extra volts and max power target limit is holding it stable, from day one this card wasnt much of a over clocker and it couldnt do clock speeds most other titan x's could obtain with ease, so im assuming me needing to give it extra voltages and such is directing to a bad luck card or such

@LuckyDuck69

Systems i currently have 

Well, sounds like you know what you're doing. So I'll just tell you what you probably came in here to hear. Wipe and do a fresh install of your OS. 

You probably know that is what is needed, but you don't really want to do it. But if you do a fresh install of Windows 10, or whatever... you'll know for sure that it isn't software related - assuming the problem remains after a vanilla fresh install.

1 minute ago, LuckyDuck69 said:

Well, sounds like you know what you're doing. So I'll just tell you what you probably came in here to hear. Wipe and do a fresh install of your OS. 

You probably know that is what is needed, but you don't really want to do it. But if you do a fresh install of Windows 10, or whatever... you'll know for sure that it isn't software related - assuming the problem remains after a vanilla fresh install.

that also one thing ive tried, i had issues the moment i hooked my monitor and play games early yesterday, i wiped and fresh installed windows 10 pro. Well long story short it didnt help, guy at evga said to use the display driver cleaner well i did that and it had crashing issues then i finally said screw it and oced my gpu well its holding stable but thats ocing and the fact it bearly get to 1300 and past on water doesnt much help that situation

Systems i currently have