Sennheiser HD 598 Cs

Dec_Shaw
Go to solution Solved by nicobombai,

Haven't heard the 598CS personally, but seems to be ok for a closed back.

A closed back with good soundstage, nice mids and awesome bass, DT770 will get the job done, its better than the over-rated m50x in any way :D 

You can have a quick listen at the sound demo in youtube by the guy called Z-Reviews.

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at getting a new pair of over-ear headphones, and I found the Sennheiser HD 598 Cs.

Not knowing a lot of information about different headphones, I'm hoping you can help me with that.

Mainly for iPhones, and laptops for university. Noise canceling is a must, and base should be a decent level.

Looking for a price under $170.

If you guys can help that would be great.

Thanks, and have a great christmas,

Dec.

Cpu Intel Core i7 (3770) 3.4GHz Qaud Core - MB MSI Intel B75MA-P45 - RAM Hypertec Hyperam 32GB - GPU EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 ti 8GB SSC - Case Cooler Master K-Series K380 Storage SSD 240GB Sandisk WD 1TB Caviar Blue - PSU EVGA 600W Bronze - Display BENQ 22' GL2450 - Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

A closed back with good soundstage, nice mids and awesome bass, DT770 will get the job done, its better than the over-rated m50x in any way :D 

You can have a quick listen at the sound demo in youtube by the guy called Z-Reviews.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

i would go dt770 instead.

more basses and issolation units

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

11 hours ago, nicobombai said:

11 hours ago, spwath said:

i would go dt770 instead.

more basses and issolation units

Thanks for the reply guys, they look really good, just when going to order them, they come up with different ohms. Which one is good for me? I use on phone and laptop.

Thanks.

IMG_1608.PNG

Cpu Intel Core i7 (3770) 3.4GHz Qaud Core - MB MSI Intel B75MA-P45 - RAM Hypertec Hyperam 32GB - GPU EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 ti 8GB SSC - Case Cooler Master K-Series K380 Storage SSD 240GB Sandisk WD 1TB Caviar Blue - PSU EVGA 600W Bronze - Display BENQ 22' GL2450 - Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

55 minutes ago, Dec_Shaw said:

Thanks for the reply guys, they look really good, just when going to order them, they come up with different ohms. Which one is good for me? I use on phone and laptop.

Thanks.

I would take the 80 ohms, its quite sensitive sooooo you don't need an amp. My iphone 5 drives them easily, nowadays mobos are also capable to drive them easily, so you should be fine.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

12 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

I would take the 80 ohms, its quite sensitive sooooo you don't need an amp. My iphone 5 drives them easily, nowadays mobos are also capable to drive them easily, so you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply, looked at other people's reviews, and I went with the 32ohms. Just to be safe, I heard 80ohms can be quiet for iPhones/ portable devices compared to the 32 version. I got a good deal so all good. 

Thanks Again!

:) 

1 minute ago, Dec_Shaw said:

Thanks for the reply, looked at other people's reviews, and I went with the 32ohms. Just to be safe, I heard 80ohms can be quiet for iPhones/ portable devices compared to the 32 version. I got a good deal so all good. 

Thanks Again!

:) 

Ahh ic, actually you will be fine with it but it's ok lol

Have fun with the new headphones :D 

59 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

Ahh ic, actually you will be fine with it but it's ok lol

Have fun with the new headphones :D 

Thanks for showing me Beyerdynamic, never heard of them but really like them. If I remember, I'll get back to you and tell you how they are. 

Thank! <3