World’s first solar road opens in France and its costs €5 million a kilometer!

is this for real? If they make people pay for this ludicrously stupid idea through TAX then I'm sure as hell not gonna pay taxes lol.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

is this for real? If they make people pay for this ludicrously stupid idea through TAX then I'm sure as hell not gonna pay taxes lol.

I would have to agree, using the same money to subsidize home solar electricity or water would be a far better spend in my mind. At least that way you get something back from your taxes.

On 12/24/2016 at 0:01 PM, Abyss Gaming said:

Well that's why I said too early, I think they will be refined in time to the point where they are very effective. But it'll take a lot of time.

A  couple of generations I reckon

On 12/24/2016 at 0:29 PM, wrathoftheturkey said:

Now for the moon

Let's build a sphere of solar panels around the sun...what could go wrong

On 12/24/2016 at 0:33 PM, Memories4K said:

3) Honestly, it probably is; Thorium reactors seem to be the new kid on the block though

Yup...also  saying  nuclear plants leaf to explosion is saying cars lead to accidents

On 12/24/2016 at 0:43 PM, AresKrieger said:

If the goal is simply to power the lights then yes, however I'm talking about grid viability which solar doesn't have much given how much it fluctuates and how horrid battery tech is currently.

Use it in correct scenarios...

Okay if solar its not the way for your area don't do it invest on wind or hydra..but do something

On 12/24/2016 at 1:04 PM, Dabombinable said:

The problem is, the fuel required for proper fusion is radioactive, so if there is ever a spill....

Chernobyl...What could go wrong is a warning not aSTOP  sign..

On 12/24/2016 at 6:14 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I wouldn't even say it's a great idea to be honest... there have been at least a few videos on why it's a terrible idea.  Solar will likely be a good thing in the future, but never like this :P 

The Dutch did it and found out that it works

(Paired with maintenance and other forms of renewable energy)