Is there a legal way to get Windows ISOs before XP?

Bluethulhu

I'm looking for an unactivated ISO of Windows 95/98, like Windows 7. I'm not sure if this is possible. You can currently download Windows 7 from Microsoft themselves, but you can't get updates past a certain time period. I'm curious as to if this is possible for older OSes. I'm not asking for pirate links, either. I also want to run these in VMware for testing, and just having the OS for general purpose. 

Spoiler

Not that I know of no. Windows 7 is the oldest build that you can get an ISO from in the first place.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

It would probably be easier to find some old pc and clean it up or take the hard drive if you want an older version

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

have you checked msdn ?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It's more than fine to torrent the ISO. A lot of them are just copies of the original files. 95 might be a IMA file which is easily installed on a VM

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Technically they are still under copyright... I don't think Microsoft would care though.  I have no idea how to get them other than to find an old disk off eBay or something then making an ISO off of that.  You could probably pick up an old 98 CD for $5  :P

It's more than fine to torrent the ISO. A lot of them are just copies of the original files. 95 might be a IMA file which is easily installed on a VM

It's not that I mind torrenting, I think most people would prefer a legal source straight from Microsoft. I also don't want any legal issues with the forum.

Spoiler

MSDN. Although, they only go as low as Windows xp. But, you can get .iso's for every OS :D

Great reviews too:

Way better than Windows 3.1! By Casey Atkins - October 2, 2011

I can't believe I've waited so long to upgrade my operating system from Windows 3.1. Windows 95 is so amazing I should have done this 10 years ago! My Packard Bell with 75Mhz Pentium processor runs Windows 95 just fine. I reinstalled Netscape Navigator so I could surf the web and write this review without using Internet Explorer. The best part is I can rename all my folders with long file names!

Microsoft Windows 95