$5 Windows 10 on ebay?

jcuhnoio

If people say it works, then go for it...but its still a little strange. I have bought windows for 30 from Kinguin before, and it does work.

Computers r fun

4 minutes ago, jcuhnoio said:

lol its only $5.... go for it, you wont lose that much...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

At that price its worth buying one just to try it lol, and if it doesn't work you have ebay buyer protection anyway.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

17 minutes ago, jcuhnoio said:

Tried W10 on my laptop and was not impressed, bought 2 w7 64 keys from ,I'm pretty sure this same seller for my newer pc build also ,they both worked perfect. that was about 5-6 months ago,still working fine and "activated" without issue.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

23 minutes ago, jcuhnoio said:

these keys are usually keys that work for a limited time only, they are used for developers and such, it could last years, or not, just depends

They are legal and good forever backed by Microsoft.  Here is a Youtube video explaining the process and how these are so cheap.  I have bought many of them and have even gotten a reactivation code from Microsoft when my MOBO fried from a AIO cooler leak.

You will wonder why people spend so much on Windows after you buy a dozen or so.

15 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Well, if a retail key is 100$ and this one is only 5$, I'll let you guess what's wrong with it

explain what's wrong like I'm a 5 year old

8 hours ago, jcuhnoio said:

explain what's wrong like I'm a 5 year old

You see, when a off-the-shelf product has a certain price, there is a reason behind it, and often, if you manage to find cheaper keys, this could mean the key has been purchased using a stolen credit card, for exemple, and by buying this cheaper key, in a certain way, you endorse this sort of black market. 

At least, this is what I think. 

3 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

You see, when a off-the-shelf product has a certain price, there is a reason behind it, and often, if you manage to find cheaper keys, this could mean the key has been purchased using a stolen credit card, for exemple, and by buying this cheaper key, in a certain way, you endorse this sort of black market. 

At least, this is what I think. 

It is not a black market.  It is completely legal. These are not stolen keys, they are OEM keys. (WATCH THE VIDEO)  OEM keys are for system builders and are fully supported as licensed keys by Microsoft.  However, the system builder is responsible for support of the systems they sell.  If they sell only the keys, then the end user is responsible for the system.  It  is that simple.

3 minutes ago, hotbrass said:

It is not a black market.  It is completely legal. These are not stolen keys, they are OEM keys. (WATCH THE VIDEO)  OEM keys are for system builders and are fully supported as licensed keys by Microsoft.  However, the system builder is responsible for support of the systems they sell.  If they sell only the keys, then the end user is responsible for the system.  It  is that simple.

Sorry, but this just doesn't feel right to me

4 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Sorry, but this just doesn't feel right to me

Stop feeling and start thinking and do some research.  Google is your friend.

4 minutes ago, hotbrass said:

Stop feeling and start thinking and do some research.  Google is your friend.

Should I really be the one who has to think here? If a product is sold at a minus 95% price difference (95% cheaper !!!), this means the product is, either stolen, cracked, or anything that has to do with piracy, but it cannot be a genuine product. 

Now you are just a troll. Yes you do need to think knowing the facts, only because you are wrong and dont know what you are talking about.  It is a genuine product sold by Microsoft and resold by system developers. 

• 10 months later...
On 12/24/2016 at 5:24 PM, hotbrass said:

OEM Keys mean more than just lack of support.. it also means they live and die on a system. also OEM is 30% off the retail price so £5 keys are most probably not legit. sorry to burst ya bubble but if you think about it it makes sense. If legit keys were really only £5 then all the big sellers would also be selling them at that price. lol

Aren't these grey market keys?

[EDIT] OOOOOO Necro.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

If they are stolen or not legitimate then Microsoft would be taking them out of service.  They are not.  They are legitimate OEM keys.  And I have gotten support from Microsoft when my motherboard died from leaking AIO liquid cooler and I called Microsoft support and they gave me a code to reactivate my key to work with a new motherboard.  And they never asked where I got my OEM key and the reactivation code is good forever.  I can switch anything, any part, or reactivate my key on a new computer if I want.

And no they will not answer support questions about specific hardware or software like they might do with a retail OS.  OEM's are supposed to support the systems they sell or build.

Of course your mileage may vary.

This is such a dead horse I cant believe people still have questions.  You can buy keys on ebay and we all know that if Microsoft wanted they could turn that off in a second.  Call Microsoft if you want to know if the oem key is legit.  But you have to buy it to find out.

I'm done.

Carry on.

Perfectly good. Some of us build enough systems that we buy OEM or volume licenses only to wind up with more than we need. Thus, selling becomes a necessary undertaking. I don't have anymore, but $5 dollars sound way off from what I would pay for the keys indidually (though I buy nearly 100 at a time as I join an IT firm for that sweet discount).

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

necro

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.