Steam Sale 'Buyers Guide'

Sdvf

There's also a GoG sale on starting tomorrow.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I usually find that waiting longer will give bigger discounts.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

12 minutes ago, squirrl said:

There's also a GoG sale on starting tomorrow.

Oh thanks didn't know that. Although it sucks how I bought pretty much everything GoG had and I wanted... Steam has more games (specifically new games) so running out of things to buy on Steam is a bit more difficult.

Edit:

3 minutes ago, vong said:

I usually find that waiting longer will give bigger discounts.

But refund system...

3 minutes ago, ElfFriend said:

But refund system...

Well do you really need to buy a bunch of games right now?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

There's a ton of flow charts, but they are from when Steam had better sales. Last year's sales sucked. Hardly anything was over 66% off.

-deleted-

accidentally posted the wrong reply in the wrong thread.

OP do you mean a video? That would be pretty pointless since the deals are only active for a short while, and don't they also change from day to day?

I think someone made a thread about the steam summer sale where they listed all the deals last year. Or maybe that was on reddit...

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Whenever I see "gaming" I cringe.

With some very few exceptions, "gaming" means "this product is really mediocre but we want to charge more for it so let's call it gaming, and put some annoying lights on it".

You should never buy anything because it has the word "gaming" on it. If anything, you should be wary and generally stay away from a "gaming" product.

As for the poll itself, it's a really bad idea to have a favorite brand in general. A lot companies make some good products, and some shitty products. The brand should not really influence what product you buy at all. I didn't buy my mouse because it said "Logitech" on it. I bought it because I like the sensor and shape of it. I didn't buy my headphones because they said AKG. I bought them because they were comfortable and had a really good sound.

If the logo on a product has any influence over which product you're buying, other than maybe "I had a good experience with their customer support before", then you're doing something very wrong.

Was this meant for this thread?

1 minute ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Whats sales?

The Steam Christmas sales that went live today.

29 minutes ago, ElfFriend said:

Oh thanks didn't know that. Although it sucks how I bought pretty much everything GoG had and I wanted... Steam has more games (specifically new games) so running out of things to buy on Steam is a bit more difficult.

Edit:

But refund system...

Refund system ?

1 hour ago, Sirmat said:

Refund system ?

Steam has a refund system which means that if you buy a game and it goes cheaper shortly afterward you can return it. At least that's based on TB's comments on the removal of flash and daily sales.

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com , issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.)

Hope that helps! There's details on specific refunds in the link! 

It really changes Steam for the better, although it does mean that there are sales somewhat less often, making Steam's business model more similar to a standard online retailer rather than the deal monster that it became known for. Nowadays you can often find better deals on competitor's sites (legitimate ones aka GreenManGaming, HumbleBundle, Bundlestars, Amazon... NOT G2A

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

27 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Help me narrow down my cart

• The Witcher trilogy is great, but get 3 first unless you're a die-hard fan.
  • Far Cry 4 and 3 are pretty much the same in my opinion. Get 3, I'd say.
  • Return of the Romb Raider is a neat game, if not short lived.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Question about this sale: The games on sale today will remain on sale until the last day? or are they rotating games daily?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

7 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Question about this sale: The games on sale today will remain on sale until the last day? or are they rotating games daily?

I'm fairly sure they stay the same, but I'm not completley sure.

2 minutes ago, Sdvf said:

Might get Project Cars Bundle for $21USD :)

I like Grid and Dirt, and heard this is a pretty good racer

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

8 minutes ago, Sdvf said:

It changes daily...just sayin

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

That's what they did in sales previously, but last year they started having everything on sale for the same price constantly.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

There's a lot on sale (all of my wish list) so I doubt that would change daily

12 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Might get Project Cars Bundle for $21USD :)

I like Grid and Dirt, and heard this is a pretty good racer

I'm planning to get Project Cars aswell, I don't own any racers. I may also get F1 2016.

And of course i cant find anywhere on Steam about this.......:S

1 minute ago, Sdvf said:

There's a lot on sale (all of my wish list) so I doubt that would change daily

I bought 3 cheap games yesterday, but returned 2 already. 

2 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

I bought 3 cheap games yesterday, but returned 2 already. 

Which ones?