Introduction to the Tech Tips Videos Subforum

LinusTech

Hey Everyone,

This section is for you to discuss Tech Tips videos. This section will also be used for me to make announcements about new video channels, cool upcoming projects or anything else that I feel like posting :)

Linus

Even Linus is a junior member :)

The video is set to private for the sake of the forums. Now that NCIX helped a bit will you make it public again? Imagine how big the load will be during CES 2013.

Trying to watch the 5/1 archive upload with a 256k connection, I get about 5 mins for about 20 mins of waiting. Definitely worth it.

I would like Linus to cover on the youtube channelTechquickie all the basic of the computers(hardware, networking.....) in a noob based format and cover new technology what is good and what is bad

For some reason, I only watch linus for my daily tech injection. I used to watch ttl, but in the end I didn't have an hour to spend watching a case review. I especially like the live streams at the moment. Keep it up!

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

That's his appeal though! If I were buying a product, it would be really nice to watch a review of it. from him.

What would be great is if the vids rolled out everyday. Right now they are taking ages!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

is there any reason why most of the CES 2013 videos is "private" and therefore i can't view it?

or is it just long upload time?

is there any reason why most of the CES 2013 videos is "private" and therefore i can't view it?

They are probably not allowed to release them until a certain date, or they are afraid that they will spam your sub box making people not wanting to watch 10 Linus videos in a row (even though I would have no problem with that :D )

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

CES is in Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas XD

First I want to say, It is great that the forum is up n running! Also, have been a huge fan of the vids for a year or two now. Really have grown, especially on the LinusTechTips side. I also applaud the live vids every week.

So, one thing i would like to see improved, well hear improved, would be the audio. I'm not sure where the problem lies, but maybe the mics or just plain volume. In the majority of the vids, the audio is rather low.

On the other side, the video quality has been great! Lighting could use some work sometimes, but Im really not complaining. What is most important is the content and the constant spot on facts, not fanboy stuff. You provide the intellect most YouTube Channels do not provide. Great Videos! Keep it up!

Also one more thing. I dont know why this is, but why is that some videos load very quickly and some take a long time. For example if I would stream a video at 720p on RazeTheWorld's Channel it loads instantly, but when I load some of yours it loads rather slowly. Is it the server that the vid is actually streamed from or the amount of people connected to the same vid. The upload speed from which the video is from? Or what?

I would love to just stream every video without having to wait to buffer. Okay sometimes it is my shatty FiOS connection, but its just certain YouTube vids

Thanks Guys!

I loved the corsair voyager air video on tech quickie it was awesome one of the best video you have ever made and i got to meet almost your entire family and it had a lot of funny moments :D

and it was a great review.

If you guys havent seen it link is down below

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Trying to watch the 5/1 archive upload with a 256k connection, I get about 5 mins for about 20 mins of waiting. Definitely worth it.
I have a 300kbps connection too, this is how i watch livestreams

When i come home from school linus' livestream is uploaded to youtube, then i have a 1.5 hour tuition class so i open the video in firefox and pause it and then it starts loading and then when i come back home it has loaded enough video that i can start watching and it will load completely when i reach the end. hope that helps you.

btw where are you from?

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

The video is set to private for the sake of the forums. Now that NCIX helped a bit will you make it public again? Imagine how big the load will be during CES 2013.
If the server for the forum crashes because of bandwith problems or an overload of traffic and its doesn't reboot they can't do anything about it because none of the admins can get physical access to the server.

I would like Linus to cover on the youtube channelTechquickie all the basic of the computers(hardware, networking.....) in a noob based format and cover new technology what is good and what is bad
Isn't that kind of content already on the NCIXcom channel? What exactly do you want to see, that's not already out there?

• 3 months later...

Linus, I'm from America and every time I want to check out  a product that you feature and leave the link in the description, I click on the link and it takes me to a blank page. Please fix?
And yes, I am that lazy to type out the product name into Google.

The Syndicate

If any of you watch youtube videos, then you have probably heard of WoodysGamertag. Well if you have not, I highly recommend checking out his channel! He started a new series called: Tech Tuesdays, and his most current one on Why CPUs Have Gone Multi-Core is linked below.

A techquickie on how to set up a ssd and hard drive combo would help a lot of people.

A quickie on positive vs negative airflow. Why one and not the other?

"Because there is a difference between Making a Living and Having a LIFE."

still want a cuda cores tech quickie. you promised me linus i tweeted you. you even retweeted it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

• 3 weeks later...

id like to see more of slick, not just live streams

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda