Which is more unforgivable: No headphone jack on iPhone 7 or no USB 2/3/SD on the 2016 Macbook Pro

Jackgamer91

More unforgivable omissions?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse?

• No headphone jack on iPhone 7
    • No USB 2/3/SD on Macbook Pro

Which was the bigger handicap in your opinion?

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

Both. Add that.

Though judging by the quantity the macbook one lacks more stuff so I would go with that

Depends how good the bluetooth is on the Iphone 7 is in my opinion. For me I used a nice pair of bluetooth headphones and a moto 360 but then my xperia z5 broke and I got a hand me down Iphone 6 which the bluetooth is awful. It can't discover my headphones and it can pair with my watch but the range is awful and would disconnect every hour. As long as the phone has good bluetooth then I couldn't care less about the headphone jack. The macbook pro on the other hand you can't really avoid carrying around stupid dongles. 

4 minutes ago, Jackgamer91 said:

id have to say the MacBook is the bigger dealbreaker for me. there's just no reason why you need a lightning cable for a mouse for one. having to buy an adapter to listen to music while charging isn't toooooo big of a deal imo (its dumb and avoidable but w/e) but when compared to having to buy an entire new hub for usb devices, like every mouse, every usb drive, every phone, and every external hdd you've ever bought...what a joke 

they give you some bluetooth ear phones with the iphone but they dont give you a hub with macbook so that is worse

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Really not having a headphone jack is not that big of a deal. Most people 

"dont notice" 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Q: "Which is more unforgivable?"

A: Using Apple period. According to multiple industry studies, 67% of the market share uses Apple as their primary computing and/or mobile device. Using their wallets, the people have spoken; they clearly like, nay, ENJOY the abuse. Can't help someone who doesn't want it.

th (5).jpg

2 minutes ago, ENIAC1946 said:

67% of the market share uses Apple as their primary computing and/or mobile device

Not true based on market share numbers I've seen but they have the largest profit margin per device so they likely make that % of profits in the mobile market if not more.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

49 minutes ago, Jackgamer91 said:

Not having a headphone jack on the iPhone wouldn't bother me at all. Yeah, it sucks you can't use any headphones without the dongle, but who cares. 

The Moto Z also doesn't have an headphone jack, and there's rumours Samsung will follow suit.

Younger "touch generation" may not know, but it wasn't that long ago that phones usually didn't have an headphone jack.

And I wouldn't consider it being an handicap, at all. 

As for the regular USB on MBP, meh. It doesn't bother me. In the near future the regular USB standard will get deprecated.

What bothers me is the lack of an SD reader.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Really neither is a big deal for most users.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

16 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Not true based on market share numbers I've seen but they have the largest profit margin per device so they likely make that % of profits in the mobile market if not more.

When you factor in iPads and iPods, and Apple TVs, It's no contest. Want real world proof? No problem! Watch any stadium concert from the last five years on YouTube, do you see a sea of Android devices??? A few, sure, but, you see a f***-ton of metal-backed Apple logos staring back at you. BOOM. "Lawyered"!

untitled-14sty.png

2 minutes ago, ENIAC1946 said:

snip

IDC: Smartphone Vendor Market Share 2016, 2015 Chart

No, I haven't seen more apple products than other products in fact quite the opposite

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Worldwide numbers are a bit tricky.  Most of those others in there are cheap smartphones in developing and poorer countries.   

A look at the US (and most other developed countries) gives us a very different picture.  

https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Rankings/comScore-Reports-January-2016-US-Smartphone-Subscriber-Market-Share

Now Apple is indeed losing some market share.  I feel this is likely due to the stagnation in design.  However they are still the dominate player in the market from a phone sales point of view.  In fact they beat Samsung by about 15%.  

Now when you look purely at the OS, you have Android ahead.  However that includes all Android phones.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

13 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

IDC: Smartphone Vendor Market Share 2016, 2015 Chart

No, I haven't seen more apple products than other products in fact quite the opposite

try again, that's shipments, not active, carrier registered units. Burner cells skew the results.

Apple

More and more every day............................................

Image result for rotten apples

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 minutes ago, KWelz said:

Now when you look purely at the OS, you have Android ahead.  However that includes all Android phones.

Still not more than half (he said 67%) plus he stated primary computing device as well, which is total bs as PCs are far more common than apple computers.

7 minutes ago, ENIAC1946 said:

try again, that's shipments, not active, carrier registered units. Burner cells skew the results.

If you believe people buy burner smart phones in large quantities you're insane, burner phones generally are not smartphones if I were to include general cell phones apple would have a pitiful share of this chart however that would be pointless as it wasn't what we were talking about.

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Still not more than half (he said 67%) plus he stated primary computing device as well, which is total bs as PCs are far more common than apple computers.

If you believe people buy burner smart phones in large quantities you're insane, burner phones generally are not smartphones if I were to include general cell phones apple would have a pitiful share of this chart however that would be pointless as it wasn't what we were talking about.

I'm in the US, most burner cells here are Android phones.

8 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

If you have a polemic viewpoint, there nothing I can do and replies are useless. I was talking about owners of Apple devices, not just phones and not just PCs. And again you forget iPads and iPods. Most new small scale retailers are using iPad 2s as a POS terminal due to their cheap cost and widespread availability.

Nearly every PC use i know has an Apple device somewhere. I'm a staunch non-Apple user and even *I* have a 4th gen iPod shuffle, I don't use it except in very rare occasions. I even saw a Microsoft Server Technician, not certified, he WORKS for Microsoft, carrying a MBP as his daily driver.

So that 67% is people who either have an Apple MacBook or iMac OR have an iPhone OR both in the US as their main device.

Doesn't mean I like them though.

And I will not be reading or responding to this thread any further, so goodnight. Be well, and Merry Christmas ?? ? ❄

4 hours ago, ENIAC1946 said:

Q: "Which is more unforgivable?"

A: Using Apple period. According to multiple industry studies, 67% of the market share uses Apple as their primary computing and/or mobile device. Using their wallets, the people have spoken; they clearly like, nay, ENJOY the abuse. Can't help someone who doesn't want it.

Fox and the grapes: the post.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud