LED's can send data!? this is the future.

PepsiFlu

Because space is devoid of light and is complete blackness, you're living room has all colours and spectrums of light blowing through it, be it from the roof light, the TV, The fish tank, the remote. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

622 Mb/s from Earth to Moon is seriously impressive considering the distance it has to travel. My only question is what will they do with all of the things in space that could block the way of the laser? Probably it will become a large problem it terms of interruptions.

this is some alien technology right there. Man I never knew astronauts could watch pr0n from space...

I got a better idea put the light in a cable and you got fiber. (Basically)

Otherwise I don't see this work due to light pollution.

this works the same as fiber. Also an even more common usage of this is the use of infrared led's in your everyday remote control its the same thing, just on a much smaller scale

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

WHAT!?! you mean u light can travel on a fiber optic wire?!?! wtf have we been doing all these years?! whats next, we could put ketchup on hotdogs? 

Because space is devoid of light and is complete blackness, you're living room has all colours and spectrums of light blowing through it, be it from the roof light, the TV, The fish tank, the remote. 

here goes my ignorant question of the day...

if space is devoid of light, then how are we seeing the stars and sun, etc... they give off light and the light travels to us through space?  so there is light in space, just nothing for it to reflect off of?

These lasers are infrared. The only thing that would possibly interfere with them would be something with an IR blaster (tv remote), along with any reflective/refractive material. Also, I'm pretty sure light cannot reflect light. And space is not devoid of light, light is constantly travelling from the Sun and the stars to us.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Actually space is filled with light, A form of EM Radiation. Space just lacks the particulate(matter) to reflect light from a source. This is why we see a reflection of the sun's light during night time on the moon, also why satellites (and the ISS) can use solar power in space.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.