Help I've split soda pop on my PC, no idea what to do

LongDashund

So last night I was spending the night at a friend's house, and my friend knocks over my drink on my PC. I not sure where it got, but it definitely got my RX 460, and psu. I wiped most of the puddles/drops of soda off with a microfiber cloth I had handy then. When it happened, I unplugged my PC immediately. So what do I do now? It's been 10 hours since. Thanks for helping me out.

I'd take the entire system apart, and carefully look for any spills/residue anywhere. I'd also probably dismantle the GPU and make sure there is nothing left on the PCB. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, LongDashund said:

So last night I was spending the night at a friend's house, and my friend knocks over my drink on my PC. I not sure where it got, but it definitely got my RX 460, and psu. I wiped most of the puddles/drops of soda off with a microfiber cloth I had handy then. When it happened, I unplugged my PC immediately. So what do I do now? It's been 10 hours since. Thanks for helping me out.

Well, im no expert but if u have cleaned it out nicely, making sure there is no liquad anymore it should be fine however imo u should 24hours before u turn it on, u could also if u have da skills take out the parts that u think may have gotten liquid on it dissassemble it and make sure u clean it out, but that can be a pain, some psu´s especially and also some gpus u cant really do it on,

ps. wait for more answer since as i said no expert

As long as it's not messing up the fans or inside the power supply, it'll be fine. I've spilled plenty of drinks in my pc.

unplug everything, and clean every part where there was residue from the drink with a small amount of 99%  isopropyl alcohol. do not get it on any plastics etc though and make sure you take the cooler off that rx 460. let that dry for 24 hours AT LEAST.

you need to strip the pc out. This is SODA, it will eat the copper tracks of the PCB's. Get some alcohol cleaner and some soft cotton buds/lint free cloth.

take the heatsink off the gpu and cpu and check fully the pcb's of the motherboard and gpu. I would also be tempted to open up the PSU and clean that out (ensure its fully disconnected from the mains for at least a few minutes before opening so the caps can fully dissipate)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P