X79 Motherboard

OK, so I want a new mobo, and theese are the criteria:

Yes, I've googled it, but I can not find any that are out now, in Norway!

1: Black PCB

2: No fan, attaching waterblock is ok!

3:  8 DIMM slots

4: Good overclocking for my 3960X

5: Not over 450$ in price :)

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I would say the Asus p9X79 or the p9X79LE, or for a bit more, and matx you can go for the Asus Rampage IV GENE. Both have Quad Channel and all the really cool features. The Rampage is mostly black. In the way of Gigabyte you've got the quite black Gigabyte GA-X79 UDP4.  Gigabyte and Asus are the main trusted ones, so I recommend those. :) Theres also a fully black board in this selection: http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/304/images/x79-models.html

Not available yet, the price is set to be about 550$ where I live, and I have bad experiences with Asus motherboards (but I am willing to give it another try!)

X79 Deluxe MSI Big Bang xpower SaberTooth X79 any ROG motherboard any EVGA motherboard like the X79 DARK 

$$金Trill金$$

OK, so I want a new mobo, and theese are the criteria:

Yes, I've googled it, but I can not find any that are out now, in Norway!

1: Black PCB

2: No fan, attaching waterblock is ok!

3:  8 DIMM slots

4: Good overclocking for my 3960X

5: Not over 450$ in price :)

I am from Norway myself so what is your max price in NOK? I might be able to find you something here in Norway ;)

Litt vanskelig å konvertere dollar direkte til kroner vet du med tanke på at ting er mye billigere i USA ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

X79 Deluxe MSI Big Bang xpower SaberTooth X79 any ROG motherboard any EVGA motherboard like the X79 DARK 

I really need to reconsider that MSI one, but it is so expensive :(, and my friend that has that exact mobo, has problems with the OC...

There is close to no one in Norway carrying EVGA motherboards :(

I am from Norway myself so what is your max price in NOK? I might be able to find you something here in Norway ;)

Litt vanskelig å konvertere dollar direkte til kroner vet du med tanke på at ting er mye billigere i USA ;)

About MAX 3000,- NOK, but preferably 2500,- NOK, and I need Digital Impuls to carry it, since I have a giftcard there :)

Ja, det er sant ;)

The MSI Big Bang fit?

The MSI Big Bang fit?

If you are asking if he did manage to get it in his case, yes, but he also tried it on an bench ;)

It definitively fits in my case, LD PC-V8 :P

Not available yet, the price is set to be about 550$ where I live, and I have bad experiences with Asus motherboards (but I am willing to give it another try!)

Asus have a great rep, you may have just had a faulty one, try the P9x79 boards, they are reeeaaaaallly nice.  The P9x79LE is really cheap and may not be the top but is updated to handle windows 8.1 and has some legendary features that aren't found on many motherboards anymore.  Like the old ps2 keyboard and mouse ports and stuff.  It also supports up to 64GB of RAM and has quad channel. (Cant wait to get my ram upgrade! quad channel YEEHA!)

Paint the P9X79-E WS Black,that is the best you can get.

hes on a budget. 

hes on a budget.

Oops my bad.

Also interestingly according to Sin's vrm list for the true phase count the P9X79 have a value of 8,while Pro only have a value of 4+1.The P9X79 WS (non E) only have a value of 4.So the P9X79 is quite bang for buck.

I have a p9x79 i love it, had no problems overclocking my 3930k to 4.2, i love the black and blue colour scheme and it was a great price, only reason why i'd suggest going for the pro counterpart is that the p9x79 doesn't have a front panel usb 3.0 header on the board and the Pro does.

But never the less great board for the price!

CPU: core i7 3930k @4.2ghz- MOBO: ASUS P9X79- GPU: GTX 680 2gb Reference SLI- SIMM: 8gb Kingston hyperX genesis 1600mhz- HDD/SSD: Seagate Baracuda 1.0tb/OCZ agility 3/ Vertex 2- CASE: corsair graphite 600T- COOLER: corsair H100- PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850w- FANS: Noctua NF-F12.

Prøv Gigabyte X79 UP4 http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=795422

som @Kang sa

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

Asus have a great rep, you may have just had a faulty one, try the P9x79 boards, they are reeeaaaaallly nice.  The P9x79LE is really cheap and may not be the top but is updated to handle windows 8.1 and has some legendary features that aren't found on many motherboards anymore.  Like the old ps2 keyboard and mouse ports and stuff.  It also supports up to 64GB of RAM and has quad channel. (Cant wait to get my ram upgrade! quad channel YEEHA!)

Asus fanboys always say that but you cant argue with all the negative reviews. Just look at the newegg ratings of Asus boards. Asus puts out way too many faulty boards and it doesnt help that they're customer service reputation is terrible. The asus x79 deluxe mobo for instance has a worse rating on newegg than the EVGA dark and everyone knows evga has extremely buggy bioses. I'd stick with MSI and gigabyte. EVGA bioses need help and Asus boards are a crap shoot.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Asus fanboys always say that but you cant argue with all the negative reviews. Just look at the newegg ratings of Asus boards. Asus puts out way too many faulty boards and it doesnt help that they're customer service reputation is terrible. The asus x79 deluxe mobo for instance has a worse rating on newegg than the EVGA dark and everyone knows evga has extremely buggy bioses. I'd stick with MSI and gigabyte. EVGA bioses need help and Asus boards are a crap shoot.

After 3 new boards, and none of them worked correctly, I gave up, and therefore upgraded to X79, I think I will go with either the MSI one, or Asrock Extreme9 :D

I can tell you right now that the original X79 Boards are a crap shoot and from all of my testing an trying to find one the only company that had most of their boards for it stable was ASUS. Asrock was a close second but I really hate the order they put the slots in in a bunch of their boards. I mean who whats a PCI slot over a PCI-E on a X79 platform? Also I have heard plenty of problems about MSI and gigabyte X79 boards as well.

I can tell you right now that the original X79 Boards are a crap shoot and from all of my testing an trying to find one the only company that had most of their boards for it stable was ASUS. Asrock was a close second but I really hate the order they put the slots in in a bunch of their boards. I mean who whats a PCI slot over a PCI-E on a X79 platform? Also I have heard plenty of problems about MSI and gigabyte X79 boards as well.

Then you are buying low end :o

High end hardware is so much fun. You spend more money on the enthusiast platform and are rewarded with more problems and headaches. Sounds about right. High end video cards arent much better. The dual gpu asus 5970 was plauged with so many problems it was never stable till i flashed it with a saphire bios.

Also i have never ever had a problem with a gigabyte motherboard. They dont always have all the features i wanted in the past but they are bulletproof.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Funny you should mention that because thats something i hate about x79, theres no extra slot above the 1st pcie x16 slot so the video card is too close to the ram and io. I had to remove the io cover thingy on the evga dark because it was hitting my Titan. I wonder what the clearence will be on the io cover on the rampage iv black. 

I have a p9x79 i love it, had no problems overclocking my 3930k to 4.2, i love the black and blue colour scheme and it was a great price, only reason why i'd suggest going for the pro counterpart is that the p9x79 doesn't have a front panel usb 3.0 header on the board and the Pro does.

But never the less great board for the price!

Well how come the P9X79 LE does :?