G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz Unboxing and APU memory Shootout

Right off the bat the G.Skill memory looks slick and feels well built. To test its performance I placed the Ripjaws X memory inside of an APU system and ran a three-way shoot out. In the end the Ripjaws X was the performance to price king. 

Check out the video Unboxing and Three-way shoot out. Coming in at just $84.99 this week, G.Skills Ripjaws X 2133Mhz 8GB memory kit. 

4662948_orig.png3096268_orig.png

Umbra Aqua - Mac Pro Mod

Phthonos - The Xbox Killer?

I hate sticker logos and designs. Makes it look so cheap.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

G.Skill is great brand. I'd say one of my favorite brands. I have G.Skill Ripjaws & I can say they are excellent rams. And These RAMs look badass & sexy! Great RAMs in all way.

WSpkUMc.jpg

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

RipjawzX is awesome memory, I have a 8GB Kit (2x4GB @ 1600MHz) in an AMD based build and have overclocked the RipjawzX to 1866MHz 9-10-9-28.

I got the quad channel ripjawsZ and they're awesome. No complaints whatsoever  :)

When I built my 1366 build I really wanted the ripjaws RAM kit because they looked so boss and they had a cool name, but unfortunately I couldn't afford it in my budget so I got the stock standard G.Skill RAM kit. 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I really liked the pricing on this kit. All though its not the best in performance you get good value. As far as stickers go, there are not to many company's that do no stickers. Ones that I could think off hand are Adata, Kingston, Mushkin. Most of there kits in the same performance bracket cost a little more.

So I guess you get what you pay for with those company's also, 21'st century dilemma. LOL

Umbra Aqua - Mac Pro Mod

I really liked the pricing on this kit. All though its not the best in performance you get good value. As far as stickers go, there are not to many company's that do no stickers. Ones that I could think off hand are Adata, Kingston, Mushkin. Most of there kits in the same performance bracket cost a little more.

So I guess you get what you pay for with those company's also, 21'st century dilemma. LOL

Got my 1866mhz cas 9 16GB Mushkin Redline kit for 116usd back in Feb. It depends on the timing for ram prices. :V

My brother has his blue 2133's for his quiet based case.

I have ripping red 2133's for my windowed lit PC.

Quite like them.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Got my 1866mhz cas 9 16GB Mushkin Redline kit for 116usd back in Feb. It depends on the timing for ram prices. :V

Back in Feb RAM was allot cheaper. I picked up 16GBs of Patriot 1866 for $72 last December. I am not knocking on those companies just showing the current pricing of RAM on the market and what you get at those prices. 

Umbra Aqua - Mac Pro Mod

• 1 month later...

Ive currently got g skill ares, i would have got the ripjaws because i could tell people that my pc has ripjaws in them. The ares was on sale so you know, it brought that instead.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Good music, good info, got some panning and product placement edited in. Nice job. The only ram ive used for the past 6 years in any build. I have x79 so i need 4 of these and being within 2 dollars of the ares set (4x4gb) whats the point of ares line? Is it just heatsink clearance? I have only ever used ripjaws and after 30+ sets never had any issues ever. Ram is so cheap now i love it!

I have the Ripjaws X as well. 1866 CL10 1.5V 8GB dimms.

Even with the larger dimms they still OC like mad. Had mine all the way up to 2239Mhz. 

I hate sticker logos and designs. Makes it look so cheap.

That is why I prefer Kingston

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Sold my Ripjaws x & got Tridenx X. These last ones are even more overkill!

d3Q8Eri.jpg

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

• 4 weeks later...

CORSAIR Vengeance is still better :P i think

Vengeance is definitely not...but vengeance pro could be... :lol: