How often do you take breaks?

Camsung

How long do you sit in front of a computer each day, and how often do you take a break from computer usage? Do you use a program to remind you to get out of your seat once in a while? I'm just curious because I have to conduct a survey about something related to this

Do you use a program to remind you to get out of your seat once in a while? 

Yes. My stomach, or my bladder.

Sometimes intestines.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I usually stretch out when I start to get cramps

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I use nature as a guide to tell me when to get up, when it calls I ignore it as long as possible and then once it's to the point where I can't ignore it any longer then it's break time.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I dont stay much at my desk because the desk chair kills my back. but i usually get up like every 45 min, just by habit.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Basically only when I have to go to the bathroom or go to the store to buy more food.

Wait, so you don't have 2L piss bottles?

I usually take a breake when I gotta take a piss, but I go to my bathroom downstairs just to move my legs more.............. and get food. ;-;

The Syndicate

I just take breaks when I'm out of videos to watch on youtube and there's no interesting topics, also I take little food breaks between lol games when my friends pc's are taking a while to load the game :P

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Wait, so you don't have 2L piss bottles?

I believe the proper term is "shitbucket"

Or is that just a Battlefield thing?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Yer. I have this thing called a job. I have to leave my house for most of the day. I also have a bed time. So basically when I get home I can sit at my computer untill bed time or 4am the next day as a cut off time, but I can only stay up late on days I dont have to work the next day or wednesdays because I start late on thursdays.

yeah, school. and you know, a life. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Depends.

On a workday, I sit behind a computer screen between 12-15 hours a day.

I will typically spend 5 minutes or so an hour looking away and/or stretching and go for a quick little walk every few hours.

On the weekend or whenever I am not working, generally spend 2-3 hours a day on the computer.  Trying to cut back on that.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Breaks, only whimps take breaks.

This brings something up, didn't smoking actually promote people to take breaks? I know its bad and all that but it did force smokers to get up and go outside to have a smoke totally making them take a break away from their desk.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Depends.

On a workday, I sit behind a computer screen between 12-15 hours a day.

I will typically spend 5 minutes or so an hour looking away and/or stretching and go for a quick little walk every few hours.

On the weekend or whenever I am not working, generally spend 2-3 hours a day on the computer.  Trying to cut back on that.

That's a lot O.o

I need a break to bring food back to the battlestation. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Breaks, only whimps take breaks.

This brings something up, didn't smoking actually promote people to take breaks? I know its bad and all that but it did force smokers to get up and go outside to have a smoke totally making them take a break away from their desk.

You could always jog for 5 minutes instead of getting a nicotine fix. Do that 40 times a day (I'm looking at you grandpa) and you'll feel way better.

I take bathroom breaks and breaks when I feel like driving around or trying to find someone in the desolation that I live in. If I'm focused enough, I forget to eat...

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I can't be on the computer for more than 4-5 hours straight without feeling uncomfortable and usually take a long break if i'm on for that long. But for the most part i'm off and on it constantly (for work).

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I dont stay much at my desk because the desk chair kills my back. but i usually get up like every 45 min, just by habit.

how about break on the forums?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Hahaaaaa breaks? really? get outta heeeere

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M