So it seems Black Lives don't matter after all

Breakdown of what happened. Scott resisted arrest, had cocain in his system, multiple tazer triggers didnt bring him down, tried to use said taser on the cop. The last one alone is grounds enough for me to say using a gun on him was justified. If he gets acquitted the Tennessee vs Garner court ruling is very much in his favor.

1 minute ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Breakdown of what happened. Scott resisted arrest, had cocain in his system, multiple tazer triggers didnt bring him down, tried to use said taser on the cop. The last one alone is grounds enough for me to say using a gun on him was justified. If he gets acquitted the Tennessee vs Garner court ruling is very much in his favor.

"Your honor, we're hopelessly deadlock all over again" Because shooting a fleeing man on the back is justified even when we have visual evidence the cop planted the tazer on the victim.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

"Your honor, we're hopelessly deadlock all over again" Because shooting a fleeing man on the back is justified even when we have visual evidence the cop planted the tazer on the victim.

You didnt bother watching the video did you?

2 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

I'm normally on the police's side in cases like this, but there's actual video evidence here that the cop abused his firearm on the man. The dude was just running away.

16 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Even though I've been critical of the extreme methods and rhetoric from BLM I'm gonna have to eat my own shit a bit after this:

Congratulations US: you've officially proven your Justice System is broken. If no other trial or no conviction happens, probably beyond repair. You just let 1 guy validate all of the BLM bullshit: the protests, the attacks on random citizens, the killing of officers in retaliation. Fucking all of it is instantly validated if you can't convict this officer.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want: I want to hear how you think this could possibly be a justified killing that doesn't even merits Manslaughter charges.

EDIT: This is on a reply but I feel I should clarify it on the OP too:

They cry wolf too often and now this shit happens.

And my honest opinion, although disgustingly extreme, is that he started to run away. Sucks kiddo, when somebody has a gun, uniform or not you do what they say haha i don't know what he thought was going to happen, just going to get away or be let down nicely w/ a little tackle to the ground? lmao

Shipping sucks

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Tenesse VS Garner specifically says that if you cant subdue a person and they pose a threat to others or yourself deadly force is justified. Also they didnt plant the tazer they claimed he had it when they were wrestling on the ground together. Please watch the video and educate yourself first. Thug lives dont matter blue lives do.

You didnt bother watching the video did you?

Videos are IP blocked at work I only see your text (didn't even know there was a video on your post tbh) Did you watch the one on the original post though? Where you can see the cop going back for the tazer and then placing it near the victim?

-------

Current Rig

-------

I want to know when BLM will stop rioting and killing people when a case is ruled against them just-fully, and start changing the crime that happens in poor black communities. Seems BLM dont matter to them unless it is a cop killing them in self defense for running or resisting arrest and doing all sorts of fuckery in their community. That is not to say only black people commit crimes if a wite dude asian dude or any color of the fucking rainbow did the same shit Id expect them to get a cap in the as too.

3 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Tenesse VS Garner specifically says that if you cant subdue a person and they pose a threat to others or yourself deadly force is justified. Also they didnt plant the tazer they claimed he had it when they were wrestling on the ground together. Please watch the video and educate yourself first. Thug lives dont matter blue lives do.

It's on the video on the original post: The cop is seeing walking back to get the tazer after the victim was dead or dying on the ground without moving. This was shown as such at the trial and the cop only said "I don't recall"

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Videos are IP blocked at work I only see your text (didn't even know there was a video on your post tbh) Did you watch the one on the original post though? Where you can see the cop going back for the tazer and then placing it near the victim?

Yeah the cop retrieved the tazer he however did not say that Scott had it when he ran away just that when he was resisting arrest he did indeed have possession of it and tried to use it on him. Just placing the tazer near him while they administered first aid does not diminish these facts.

I want to know when BLM will stop rioting and killing people when a case is ruled against them just-fully.

This one wasn't just-fully so we'll have to wait for the next controversial case and see how that one pans out. If we don't have the National Guard out on the streets before that anyways.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

It's on the video on the original post: The cop is seeing walking back to get the tazer after the victim was dead or dying on the ground without moving. This was shown as such at the trial and the cop only said "I don't recall"

Yeah because thats where the tazer was dropped during the wrestling match with Scott which is where he tried to taze the cop.

Yeah the cop retrieved the tazer he however did not say that Scott had it when he ran away just that when he was resisting arrest he did indeed have possession of it and tried to use it on him. Just placing the tazer near him while they administered first aid does not diminish these facts.

Tampering with evidence does not diminish the facts? If there was not intentional malice to tamper with the scene of the crime, something a Cop is trained not to do, why did he refuse to explain?

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Tampering with evidence does not diminish the facts? If there was not intentional malice to tamper with the scene of the crime, something a Cop is trained not to do, why did he refuse to explain?

Its procedure to recover equipment that was lost in altercations. In this instance it wasnt tampering because him placing the tazer there doesnt diminish facts about it because it doesnt change the fact that he resisted arrest with it earlier and it was on tape. Bottom line is the Tennessee VS Garner court decision makes it justified regardless, This coked up thug was a danger to everyone and is justified to bring him down with deadly force. Unless you think someone who doesnt have a problem assaulting a cop trying to arrest them is some how going to care about hurting or killing someone else to get away. Bottom line you run from a cop, you assault a cop, you get shot. Social Darwinism at its finest I see.

Its procedure to recover equipment that was lost in altercations. In this instance it wasnt tampering because him placing the tazer there doesnt diminish facts about it because it doesnt change the fact that he resisted arrest with it earlier and it was on tape. Bottom line is the Tennessee VS Garner court decision makes it justified regardless, This coked up thug was a danger to everyone and is justified to bring him down with deadly force. Unless you think someone who doesnt have a problem assaulting a cop trying to arrest them is some how going to care about hurting or killing someone else to get away. Bottom line you run from a cop, you assault a cop, you get shot. Social Darwinism at its finest I see.

Blaming the victim much? I'm surprised you didn't call him a racial slur while you're at it.

Anyway I hope I never run into you Judge Fucking Dredd.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Therein lies the problem with many police forces: a lot of them aren't being trained on what to do properly, especially in the heat of moments like this where any action you take will be put under a microscope.

I believe the cop was in the wrong on this one, but this is why we have a system set up that protects everyone first. This way, someone who is innocent should most likely be found innocent. The system isn't perfect as there have been tons of cases where the accused were actually innocent yet get prison sentences, or possibly the opposite, but it's a good system. Quite frankly, it's the best.

States need to start putting their police forces under microscopes so that they can make better decisions when getting into moments like the cop did in that video. I'm 99% sure the cop didn't have ill intentions to go out and kill someone that day, but he made a poor decision (in my opinion based on what I've seen and read about that case) probably due to lack of proper police training.

Since the cop is refusing to explain, it puts him in a worse spotlight. They need to be able to recall every single detail about what happens on the job in situations like that, and be able to explain everything.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Therein lies the problem with many police forces: a lot of them aren't being trained on what to do properly, especially in the heat of moments like this where any action you take will be put under a microscope.

I believe the cop was in the wrong on this one, but this is why we have a system set up that protects everyone first. This way, someone who is innocent should most likely be found innocent. The system isn't perfect as there have been tons of cases where the accused were actually innocent yet get prison sentences, or possibly the opposite, but it's a good system. Quite frankly, it's the best.

States need to start putting their police forces under microscopes so that they can make better decisions when getting into moments like the cop did in that video. I'm 99% sure the cop didn't have ill intentions to go out and kill someone that day, but he made a poor decision (in my opinion based on what I've seen and read about that case) probably due to lack of proper police training.

Since the cop is refusing to explain, it puts him in a worse spotlight. They need to be able to recall every single detail about what happens on the job in situations like that, and be able to explain everything.

Except when adrenaline is running high and in situations of life and death that becomes impossible. Lets stop asking unreasonable things. That's like asking a soldier to remember his fight 100% and know everything and remember everything that happened. Personally I would say the police cams were good for this but lets not record them taking a shit.

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Blaming the victim much? I'm surprised you didn't call him a racial slur while you're at it.

Why would I call him a racial slur? If anything your insinuating that im racist when that is not true at all. I couldnt care less about what color you are. You run from a cop, resist arrest, try to use one of his weapons on him, you get shot plain and simple. Doesnt help the hood-rat was high as a kite and most certainly would have hurt anyone in his way if he had gotten away.

8 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I believe the cop was in the wrong on this one, but this is why we have a system set up that protects everyone first. This way, someone who is innocent should most likely be found innocent. The system isn't perfect as there have been tons of cases where the accused were actually innocent yet get prison sentences, or possibly the opposite.

I still think you're understating it: if it was within the first few seconds, if he was turning back to face him, if he was reaching for something or seemingly reaching for something while running away, I could see your point.

This was just a fat middle age guy running scared who was shot on the back. No more danger to him and he had enough time to rationalize, call for back up, use the fucking tazer he know was nearby, etc. Instead he used the precious time he had to carefully aim.

If this is lack of procedure I say this is a criminally poor lack of proper procedure. One that should end up with punishment to whoever was deemed responsible for overseeing this cop, his training, etc.

But we're like several bridges too far here: as I said I seriously doubt there's gonna by any kind of conviction or apology or scrutiny from the police at all. They will keep doing what they always do and just double down and violently confront and kill BLM protesters, probably in response to their attacks because neither side can concede any wrong doing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Except when adrenaline...

Wait wait wait, you sir, are claiming this was all according to procedure and justified. You don't get to say it was because of the adrenaline without basically negating all of your other arguments.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The vicitm was a criminal who was high on cocain. It is as much as his fault he got shot because if he didnt resist arrest and try to use a weapon on a cop hed be alive right now.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I still think you're understating it: if it was within the first few seconds, if he was turning back to face him, if he was reaching for something or seemingly reaching for something while running away, I could see your point.

This was just a fat middle age guy running scared who was shot on the back. No more danger to him and he had enough time to rationalize, call for back up, use the fucking tazer he know has nearby, etc. Instead he used the precious time he had to carefully aim.

If this is lack of procedure I say this is a criminally poor lack of proper procedure. One that should end up with punishment to whoever was deemed responsible for overseeing this cop, his training, etc.

But we're like several bridges too far here: as I say I seriously doubt there's gonna by any kind of conviction or apology or scrutiny from the police at all. They will keep doing what they always do and just double down and violently confront and kill BLM protesters, probably in response to their attacks because neither side can concede any wrong doing.

They dont need to apologies because of someone else runing and trying to use a weapon on them and would have hurt others if he got away and they got in his way.. Tennessee VS Garner is clear about this.

Also fuck you for insinuating Im racist and would have randomly called people racial slurs. This is a criminal vs cop debate and the criminal clearly did all these things and according to the Garner court decision he is justified to shoot a high as a kite hood-rat.

6 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

They dont need to apologies because of someone else runing and trying to use a weapon on them and would have hurt others if he got away and they got in his way.. Tennessee VS Garner is clear about this.

So, no adrenaline then, just procedure?

Also you're misconstruing what happened.

1) There was an extremely brief struggle in which we can't see who was attacking or reacting.

2) He was running away once that struggle was over and enough time passed while he was speeding away for any reasonable person to assume as much

3) He wasn't armed after said brief struggle and thus was not an immediate danger to the officer or citizens at large.

The way you sumarize facts it's just disengenious: you don't need to explain we can see the video, it doesn't match up with the story you or the police are trying to paint. Most of the jury actually agrees with me and it's safe to assume most reasonable people also agree with me. You are representing a tiny minority of pro cop citizens that think there is nothing a cop can't do that isn't justified. To you merely saying "Boo!" out loud to a cop is justification to get shot down like a fucking dog.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Except when adrenaline is running high and in situations of life and death that becomes impossible. Lets stop asking unreasonable things. That's like asking a soldier to remember his fight 100% and know everything and remember everything that happened. Personally I would say the police cams were good for this but lets not record them taking a shit.

That's not fair for the public though. I am close to a handful of people who are in the police force and when they go into police mode, they do their jobs properly. They don't just shoot someone because they're fleeing. They need more cause than that, and the cop in that video didn't have enough justification for it from what's being told to the public. We even had an officer get shot in the face by some punk bitch earlier this year (he survived without any brain damage thank god) and fled. Our police department asked the dude's family to tell him to turn himself in, which he did. They of course were looking for him all night on possible leads, but they weren't out for blood since we live in a civilized society.

We had a hostage situation here just a couple months ago. SWAT got involved with multiple snipers. The perp didn't get killed since he didn't post a threat to police and eventually came out of the house as commanded - nobody shot him sine the situation was under control. All the guy did in the video was flee and that didn't require deadly force with what information we know about the case.

Soldiers are in a different territory and I wouldn't compare them to police forces as the police generally have a way easier job.

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

This was just a fat middle age guy running scared who was shot on the back. No more danger to him and he had enough time to rationalize, call for back up, use the fucking tazer he know was nearby, etc. Instead he used the precious time he had to carefully aim.

But we're like several bridges too far here: as I said I seriously doubt there's gonna by any kind of conviction or apology or scrutiny from the police at all. They will keep doing what they always do and just double down and violently confront and kill BLM protesters, probably in response to their attacks because neither side can concede any wrong doing.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm actually on the same page. :P

Unless you quoted the wrong person.

A lot of American systems are fatally flawed. Justice, voting, education...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?