Seasonic S12II-350 for this Build?

Apache Protocol
Go to solution Solved by quan289,
5 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

So currently I live here in the Philippines and PSU Product are not that easy to find. but I have heard that Seasonic is very good and I kind a need a PSU that has all Black Cables I hate seeing Ketchup and Mustard Cable.

If you have any good suggestion I will try to ask around if I see some stock and I might purchase it. but currently I can easily get Seasonic.

The Seasonic S12II-350 is a good budget unit and will power your system. http://techreport.com/review/29061/nvidia-geforce-gtx-950-graphics-card-reviewed/10

System power draw with an 5960X has shown a power draw of under 200wAC at the wall (DC power draw will be lower due to power supply inefficiency).

Do you at the very least have a link to the Seasonic unit you are looking at? It would be helpful to know the price, and I've helped people from the Philippines before and know about DynaQuestPC and PC Express stores there, but it always helpful to know more stores so I can used them to help others in the future.

Can the Seasonic S12II-350 power all of this Component down bellow?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550
MoBo: MSI B75MA-E33
RAM: Avexir Core Blue 2x4GB 1600MHz
SSD: ADATA SP550 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
GPU: EVGA GTX950 FTW 2GB
PSU: Seasonic S12II-350

This Computer will have no more upgrades and the GPU will be Moved here I was wondering if this PSU can be more than enough to deal all of this Mid Range Gaming Build.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

350w is pretty low for a 950

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

should I bump it up to the 430w?

GAMING RIG

2 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

should I bump it up to the 430w?

Yeah, or get a 1050Ti faster and more efficient.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

If you want an alternative, it would be helpful if you provide your budget and links to stores you can buy from, but the Seasonic S12II 350 can power that system.

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Yeah, or get a 1050Ti faster and more efficient.

yeah so the 950 is on my previous build I'm just waiting for my ASUS GTX1060 Strix so ill be moving my old GPU into a old 3rd gen build.

GAMING RIG

You are cutting it close, but Seasonic= quality, so you shouldn't run into issues

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, quan289 said:

If you want an alternative, it would be helpful if you provide your budget and links to stores you can buy from, but the Seasonic S12II 350 can power that system.

So currently I live here in the Philippines and PSU Product are not that easy to find. but I have heard that Seasonic is very good and I kind a need a PSU that has all Black Cables I hate seeing Ketchup and Mustard Cable.

If you have any good suggestion I will try to ask around if I see some stock and I might purchase it. but currently I can easily get Seasonic.

GAMING RIG

2 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

yeah so the 950 is on my previous build I'm just waiting for my ASUS GTX1060 Strix so ill be moving my old GPU into a old 3rd gen build.

I upgraded from a 950 to a 1060 as well :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, Apache Protocol said:

I hate seeing Ketchup and Mustard Cable.

You can always use plastidip...

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

You can always use plastidip...

I don't know to you but here in the Philippines the Plastidip here in my local hardware cost around $20-25 and at that price i think it is much better if i just add that Modding Cost in the purchase of the PSU.

GAMING RIG

Just now, Apache Protocol said:

I don't know to you but here in the Philippines the Plastidip here in my local hardware cost around $20-25 and at that price i think it is much better if i just add that Modding Cost in the purchase of the PSU.

Seems logical! :D

If you can find it for a good price the CX450M is really good!

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Seems logical! :D

If you can find it for a good price the CX450M is really good!

thanks i will be looking for this as well.

GAMING RIG

4 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

thanks i will be looking for this as well.

Careful though, the CX430 is CRAP, only the 450M is good!

5 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

The Seasonic S12II-350 is a good budget unit and will power your system. http://techreport.com/review/29061/nvidia-geforce-gtx-950-graphics-card-reviewed/10

System power draw with an 5960X has shown a power draw of under 200wAC at the wall (DC power draw will be lower due to power supply inefficiency).

Do you at the very least have a link to the Seasonic unit you are looking at? It would be helpful to know the price, and I've helped people from the Philippines before and know about DynaQuestPC and PC Express stores there, but it always helpful to know more stores so I can used them to help others in the future.

2 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Currently you can ask PC Configure FB Page and or PCWORX Web Page, I am asking if they can purchase 350w. price will be around $40-45 this will be estimated, and I purchase my Seasonic M12II-620w was $85 but I think this spare build I wont be upgrading anytime soon.

GAMING RIG

13 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

Currently you can ask PC Configure FB Page and or PCWORX Web Page, I am asking if they can purchase 350w. price will be around $40-45 this will be estimated, and I purchase my Seasonic M12II-620w was $85 but I think this spare build I wont be upgrading anytime soon.

Basically, it's a little under 2300 PHP. I see 550-650 models of the Cooler Master GM and Corsair CX*50M for about 1000PHP / ~$20 USD more. See if you can get the Cooler Master G450M or Corsair CX450M (again, the CX430/500/600 / M are not the same as the one I had mentioned).

The Antec Neo Eco II 450w would be a good option to if you can get it (it's specially a Asia Pacific model).

Edit: Oh, you want a PSU with black cables. Then the Corsair CXM that I had mentioned of the three would be more suited for you.

5 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Basically, it's a little under 2300 PHP. I see 550-650 models of the Cooler Master GM and Corsair CX*50M for about 1000PHP / ~$20 USD more. See if you can get the Cooler Master G450M or Corsair CX450M (again, the CX430/500/600 / M are not the same as the one I had mentioned).

The Antec Neo Eco II 450w would be a good option to if you can get it (it's specially a Asia Pacific model).

Edit: Oh, you want a PSU with black cables. Then the Corsair CXM that I had mentioned of the three would be more suited for you.

thanks for this. will search high and low. :)

GAMING RIG

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You are cutting it close, but Seasonic= quality, so you shouldn't run into issues

350W is about 180W more than his system will use so we're not running into issues anytime soon here.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

7 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

350W is about 180W more than his system will use so we're not running into issues anytime soon here.

@STRMfrmXMN so if I can purchase this power supply I kinda have all the parts ready I just need the PSU.

GAMING RIG

4 hours ago, Apache Protocol said:

@STRMfrmXMN so if I can purchase this power supply I kinda have all the parts ready I just need the PSU.

Well alright then

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||