Can't wait for a new computer any longer.

baconite

So, basically, my wives computer died, and we'd even saving/planning to build a new computer for me and pass my current gaming computer down to her. With hers being dead now, I can no longer put this off.

Budget is $2500

I am in Canadia

I'v already got a case.

It is mainly for games, I would like it to be able to play Star Citizen with an Oculus Rift on max, which is why I'v been putting it off since, neither of those things really exist yet.

I currently have 2 1080p monitors which i don't plan on upgrading for awhile.

I already have mouse, keyboard, speakers, headset, case.

Here is where I am so far, http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1UkaW

I guess I just want opinions?

Less ram 16GB will be well enough same model though or R9 290x or 780ti

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

Looks amazing

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

^

something like this is what i had at first, but partpicker was giving me this message. http://www.ncix.ca/products/?affiliateid=7474144&sku=70849&vpn=F3-2400C10Q-16GTX&manufacture=G%2ESkill

Compatibility Notes

• icon_info_sgl.gifG.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

when is the 780ti comming? i don't think i can wait much more then a week.

mostly overkill, just go with the 4670k and 16gb of ram also the vengeance pro series, a 600w psu will do you fine

Two sec and I'll compose something for you :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

RAM is overkill 2x8 is plenty. 

Your storage configuration is expensive but if you want nothing but speed, it's the best way to go.

It's hard to say how much VRAM future games will take up, especially Star Citizen on an oculus rift. You may want to opt for a Titan and maybe another one when Star Citizen comes out. But I'm the wrong person to ask whether this is necessary or if 780s would suffice.

who cares...

Get 16 Gb of dual channel ram also get a SeaSonic PSU (better quality) and if this is only for gaming you should get a 4670k.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

something like this is what i had at first, but partpicker was giving me this message. http://www.ncix.ca/products/?affiliateid=7474144&sku=70849&vpn=F3-2400C10Q-16GTX&manufacture=G%2ESkill

Compatibility Notes

• icon_info_sgl.gifG.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

The CPU doesn't support 1.65V on your RAM by default. It will run but it's not supported. Then again 2400 MHz for RAM is very fast, it's not needed for this system. Slower modules like 1866 MHz should come with lower wattages.

who cares...

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

So, basically, my wives computer died, and we'd even saving/planning to build a new computer for me and pass my current gaming computer down to her. With hers being dead now, I can no longer put this off.

Budget is $2500

I am in Canadia

I'v already got a case.

It is mainly for games, I would like it to be able to play Star Citizen with an Oculus Rift on max, which is why I'v been putting it off since, neither of those things really exist yet.

I currently have 2 1080p monitors which i don't plan on upgrading for awhile.

I already have mouse, keyboard, speakers, headset, case.

Here is where I am so far, http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1UkaW

I guess I just want opinions?

What do you think of this?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1Um49

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I wouldn't get a R9 290X with the reference cooler since it is shown to be a very loud and very hot card. The time until the costum cooled 290Xs apear on the market will probably be too long for you to wait. I'd decide between 780 and Titan.

who cares...

Compatibility Notes

7 November for the 780ti, aswell the 780 will drop to 499$ price tomorrow. I don't know what the price will be from retailers. But expect a good price drop. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Compatibility Notes

• icon_info_sgl.gifG.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum

The CPU doesn't support 1.65V on your RAM by default. It will run but it's not supported. Then again 2400 MHz for RAM is very fast, it's not needed for this system. Slower modules like 1866 MHz should come with lower wattages.

Intel employees have confirmed that 1.65v works just fine. The specification is just so the users don't overvolt like crazy to achieve high overclocks.

Oc'ing your ram anyway would make oc'ing your cpu less stable and vice versa. Oc'ing your ram doesn't improve much anyway so you might as well just get slower ram and oc your cpu.

To comment on your build:

An i5 will game just as well as an i7. HT gives little to no benefit to games and can at times be worse. This is because HT doesn't add more threads but just changes how the cores are used. Most games already use the cores optimally so HT doesn't really do much at all.

Why 32GB of ram? 8GB is plenty for gaming already and getting more than you need is just a waste of money. 

There's little point putting games on a ssd because it doesn't improve performance in games--most of the time. 

My recommendations: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1Uu40

This will already max out almost everything at 1080p. You get better performance in the long run for less if you spend less money now and use it for better value upgrades as you need it. 

From what I've heard, nothing currently out will really be able to max out Star Citizen when it's complete.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.