This is so me! "The Dangers of Photography Addiction"

19 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Yep, a couple of months ago I bought an external field monitor, then I thought I would like to have a monitor with a recorder also, and then a cage for the monitor, and then a wireless transmission system, spare batteries, etc.   Ended up spending nearly $10K in a matter of 2 months.

that's a steep step, but probably worth it and paying it's self back in the end. Sometimes I wish I could say the same.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Yeah gear can really add up it's nuts. But I keep finding traveling light is the best way to go if your just trying to have fun and do it more for a hobby. But dam does the sigma 150-600 look good

On 12/6/2016 at 5:30 AM, AkiraDaarkst said:

I have presets already made in Lightroom for offloading photos from a memory card and same in Prelude for video files.  Why do stuff manually when these two tools have nice features built-in.

But like then you have originals, the edit information for the original, when you inport into capture one, dark room or light room it makes its own data base duplicating everything again then finally you have the JPEG of the final product.

On 2016-12-07 at 1:52 AM, thekillergazebo said:

Yeah gear can really add up it's nuts. But I keep finding traveling light is the best way to go if your just trying to have fun and do it more for a hobby. But dam does the sigma 150-600 look good

Travelling light is always nice, but usally there is light weight options too that produce great images however with some disadvantages(or relative) 

Camera wise any mirrorless will save weight as a A7 series or a XT-2 for example. Lens wise there is quite a few nice compact primes with relativly low aparture. And for long range someting like a 70-200 f/4 will be a lot smaller than a f/2.8 one.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

On 12/8/2016 at 11:14 AM, ScaryFatKidGT said:

But like then you have originals, the edit information for the original, when you inport into capture one, dark room or light room it makes its own data base duplicating everything again then finally you have the JPEG of the final product.

Outside of Lightroom all I need to do in the drive where my photos are stored is to create a folder for each model of camera I own.  Then in Lightroom, when I insert the memory card and open up the Import Photos window, I just select the camera model folder as my destination and Lightroom automatically creates folders sorted by Year - Month - Day for me.  At the same time I can apply some metadata and copyright presets, afterwards I can tag the photos with keywords, set flag/star/color ratings, and once that's done I go to the Edit panel to work on the photos I've selected.  I don't need to manually copy paste or duplicate anything.  Lightroom copies all the original files off the memory card.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins