C/C++/C#/Lua/Java programmable calculator?

Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
  1. Ask if calculators are actually allowed.
  2. Pretty sure most exams are structured such that you can break the problem down into human solvable problems in a way that you don't need a calculator.

That is, the calculator is just there to make sure you're not doing dumb mistakes other than mispunching a key. It's not there to do the actual work.

But hey, if you really want to do this, I'm pretty sure the most advanced calculator you can get to do what you want is a TI-89.

I'm currently in university and we are doing a lot of math work, but our lecturers are very strict about having a phone out as we do various exams - but had nothing against calculators.

So my thought was: What if I could get a calculator and program few of it's buttons to calculate the most extensive bits of exam for me?

In other words - I'm looking for a programmable calculator that I could plug to my PC via USB and make it do various stuff, but I couldn't find anything... thus this thread.. help?
Thanks in advance, I'm open to all suggestions!

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 
Laptop: ASUS Zenbook UX32LN

Camera: Nikon D5300

1. Ask if calculators are actually allowed.
  2. Pretty sure most exams are structured such that you can break the problem down into human solvable problems in a way that you don't need a calculator.

That is, the calculator is just there to make sure you're not doing dumb mistakes other than mispunching a key. It's not there to do the actual work.

But hey, if you really want to do this, I'm pretty sure the most advanced calculator you can get to do what you want is a TI-89.

Ti-84s allow you to program things into them. Most people make games out of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to write programs with the TI software for my TI-84+ silver edition. By the time I wrote the cheating program (because obviously that's what you want to do) I already knew how to do the problems so the program was useless.

The language for the Ti calculators (at least the 84s and 83s) is very BASIC like. (BASIC is a name of a programming language.)

You can program really complicated things in there. 

But now-a-day most schools don't allow programmable calculators during tests or they clear the memory/archive so anything that you programmed won't survive.

There are ways around that, but I'm not telling.

If you REALLY wanted a programmable calculator that would probably be allowed on the test, look into the old casio calculators. They allowed programming but most teachers would just see them as "normal" calculators.