Cheap PC Steering Wheel Recommendations

Slasher-Z

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

Logitech Driving Force GT. It's really the only decent wheel under $100. And it's way under $100. Pick one up used they're built like a tank. Next best option would be the G25 or G27 which you might be able to find used around $100. That would be your best price/value ratio. Unless you don't care about the shifter and clutch, then the only other benefit of the G25/27 over the driving force GT would really be the full 900 degree steering angle. 

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

I have to ask, what are you looking for in a steering wheel? Most cheap ones only have 90 degree turning and binary pedal inputs. Which is okay for Need For Speed but not really for anything trying to be remotely realistic.

At least this was the case a few years ago when I went looking around.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I have to ask, what are you looking for in a steering wheel? Most cheap ones only have 90 degree turning and binary pedal inputs. Which is okay for Need For Speed but not really for anything trying to be remotely realistic.

For under $100 I'm assuming he isn't looking for a simulator rig. But honestly there's a good amount of people playing Assetto Corsa or iRacing or Dirt Rally with a DFGT. Hell there's a decent number that play with a gamepad and any wheel is miles better than a gamepad. The DFGT isn't really that bad as long as you don't need a clutch or shifter.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

2 minutes ago, ZimFreak said:

For under $100 I'm assuming he isn't looking for a simulator rig. But honestly there's a good amount of people playing Assetto Corsa or iRacing or Dirt Rally with a DFGT. Hell there's a decent number that play with a gamepad and any wheel is miles better than a gamepad. The DFGT isn't really that bad as long as you don't need a clutch or shifter.

Well you never know. Someone was trying to look for an external BD drive for under $30. Though the Driving Force GT is a pretty good racing wheel.

However I'm inclined to disagree that any wheel is miles better than a gamepad. Really cheap ones (I tried a MadCatz one, so there's one problem) will have limited and loose steering and pedals that are either one or off. A game pad will at least be able to offer analog pedal inputs. I mean, I play F1 2016 on a controller pretty well and being able to jam the steering to one side or the other fast without tiring myself out is handy in Monaco.

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well you never know. Someone was trying to look for an external BD drive for under $30. Though the Driving Force GT is a pretty good racing wheel.

However I'm inclined to disagree that any wheel is miles better than a gamepad. Really cheap ones (I tried a MadCatz one, so there's one problem) will have limited and loose steering and pedals that are either one or off. A game pad will at least be able to offer analog pedal inputs. I mean, I play F1 2016 on a controller pretty well and being able to jam the steering to one side or the other fast without tiring myself out is handy in Monaco.

Good point. There are definitely some advantages to using a controller (trust me, I'm a drifter) but the precision advantages of the wheel are sooooo helpful and the FFB is irreplaceable.

18 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

For me personally, assuming his budget, A few times I would of loved to have a racing wheel. The minimal times I play a racing game, I quit playing Euro Truck Sim because I didn't get the true experience, I've wanted to try Farming Sim on a steering wheel. Something where $100 is somewhat justifiable but I/we don't really need a full fledged G29 Racing wheel. I do however want to pick up a used G27 or G29 one day, won't be for a long time since I keep saying this but really, really, want to get a 6700k, 8 more GBs of RAM, a new Case, an a RX 490/GTX 1070 and 2x 1440p Monitors to go with it (rip $1,591)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Also my biggest issue with steering wheels that I had: they need room and set up can be a pain. I went over to controllers more and more because I plug one thing in and I'm done. No need to mount the hardware or connect wires or make sure my pedals aren't going to slip around.

Well fuck those prices... any of those wheel gonna cosy me $1000+. That practically my whole pc build there >.>

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

34 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Well fuck those prices... any of those wheel gonna cosy me $1000+. That practically my whole pc build there >.>

Get a used logitech g27. I got mine WITH a racing seat wheel mount for $230. 100% worth it. Mine looks exactly like this. 1g27.jpg

2 minutes ago, ZimFreak said:

Get a used logitech g27. I got mine WITH a racing seat wheel mount for $230. 100% worth it. Mine looks exactly like this. 1g27.jpg

That's still gonna be insanely expensive to ship here not to mention I'll have to pay 2% of the price times how much it weights

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)