Overclocking a pentium g3258

If I want to overclock a pentium 4 g3258 to 4.7 ghz what cooler and motherboard should I use ?

7 minutes ago, Lowspecgamer said:

pentium 4 g3258

you should start by checking the model number of your processor, seriously...

7 minutes ago, Lowspecgamer said:

to 4.7 ghz

this we cant say, because overclocking is not a given, it's all in the silicon lotery ;)

8 minutes ago, Lowspecgamer said:

what cooler and motherboard

well.. preferably something Z chipset, as for actual mobo that comes down to budget, preferences, and local availability.

as for cooler, "budget, preferences, and local availability"

talking from experience .. not all G3258 can go past 4ghz ... so you can never be fully sure to what clockspeed you will be able to reach... i could barely get to 4ghz :/ 

also i think it was just Pentium G3258 (without the 4)

the Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo should do just fine since its a tiny 2core cpu 

for motherboard any Z97 chipset motherboard should be able to overclock, it mainly depends on the colorscheme, budget and what features you want 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

also i think it was just Pentium G3258

that 4 hasnt existed since 2006 :P

(and you can easily get a 2006 P4 to 4.7GHz, they will just also melt the computer, and everything else in the room)

yeah, get a z97 board, if you live near a microcenter I would recommend going there, they normally have reasonable deals. Also (maybe I got lucky?) I was able to get to 4.3 with the stock cooler...I wouldn't advise it because temps were super high but it was stable (around ~90C under high inter burn) but it sits happy at 4 ghz with the stock cooler never going over 78C

18 hours ago, manikyath said:

that 4 hasnt existed since 2006 :P

(and you can easily get a 2006 P4 to 4.7GHz, they will just also melt the computer, and everything else in the room)

I must do that now. I want to achieve my goal of my room being at least 5 Celsius hotter than the rest of the house. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I must do that now. I want to achieve my goal of my room being at least 5 Celsius hotter than the rest of the house. 

i should take out my army of P4's again :D

i have a p4 in an overclocking mobo that's taped into a case that's too small with a power supply that's only been on fire once. good times great taste with mcdonalds :P

3 hours ago, manikyath said:

i should take out my army of P4's again :D

i have a p4 in an overclocking mobo that's taped into a case that's too small with a power supply that's only been on fire once. good times great taste with mcdonalds :P

i have a P4 that ran at around 100C at idle .... 3.0ghz xD .... then again .. it had the stock cooler on (one with a half dead fan that is)

last time i checked ... it worked fine ... just a bit warm xD  

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO