Me & my "wierd" mouse placement

Kristofer Vesi

So i grew up with laptops, laptops, laptops: the place, where i think it came from. I love desktops.

Now, i would ask, if it is wierd, that I use my mouse below or more closer to me, at middle from keyboard? Normal people use it to the right of keyboard... I am fine, with right, but with my personal pc my mouse is below the keyboard. (oh, when i was really small, i used the the thing in the middle of keyboards, lenovo has them and now dell i think has them, in the middle of ghb and i prefer the knob to the touchpad)

I`m really ergonomics lover, so is that comfortable and ergonomic?

Thanks.

It's your choice it sounds a little weird but if you're comfortable with it go with it

it's all about what you like and what you feel is best

4 minutes ago, Rasmus A K said:

So i grew up with laptops, laptops, laptops: the place, where i think it came from. I love desktops.

Now, i would ask, if it is wierd, that I use my mouse below or more closer to me, at middle from keyboard? Normal people use it to the right of keyboard... I am fine, with right, but with my personal pc my mouse is below the keyboard. (oh, when i was really small, i used the the thing in the middle of keyboards, lenovo has them and now dell i think has them, in the middle of ghb and i prefer the knob to the touchpad)

Thanks.

Do whatever floats your boat.

If you think it is comfortable, then it is comfortable.

Ergonomic.. I don't know, but I don't see why it isn't.

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.

6 minutes ago, Rasmus A K said:

Thanks.

if you're comfortable and you dont suffer with any pain in your wrist with the placement then thats all that matters :)

my wrist hurts after an hour with the mouse being at my right side of my keyboard, however, reducing my DPI to 700 has reduced the pain. i had 1900 DPI before and I was only using my wrist to move the mouse and I read that its bad to have your wrist move the mouse only. it should be your whole arm moving if im right.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

It's funny, but it makes sense if you started with laptops ;)

Comfortable? Only you can tell.

Ergonomic? Mmm... I suspect not because of the shoulder+wrist movements, but it could be that holding the mouse in a particular position won't cause any strain (somehow not 90º with respect to the screen, so to speak).

To be fair, using it in the side isn't necessarily better, particularly if you can't keep it close to you (I mean, if you end up feeling like you're curving your shoulders forward, kinf of "reaching out" for mouse and keyboard).

I'd say try what feels most comfortable for you, but pay attention to any pain or discomfort you may face after some time, even if it doesn't seem related to it (as bad arm positions can result in pain elsewhere, like waist, neck, etc).

Oh, i frogot, thinking of buying a vertical mouse, if it is in my position, would it work...

you can buy trackpads for desktop. apple has a good one but the stupidly expensive price prevents me from getting it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I don't like trackpads: my top: 1. If on desktop, that ghb thing, just not on keyboard 2. mouse 3. trackpad: you need to move your whole hand