LG G Flex announced with vertically-curved 6-inch 720p screen, 'self-repairing' back cover

Youbetternot

Oh it's only a 720p screen, o well still good. There is also a self repairing coating that will repair scratches on the phone. That's new I wonder how it work irl. Like does the scratches magically disappear?

Specs:

• 720p
  • 177g
  • 6-inch
  • 13-megapixel camera
  • 2GB of RAM
  •  2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
  • 3,500 mAh battery.
  • "self-healing coating"

lgglex-1382922819.jpg

After a series of leaks, LG has announced official details of its curved-screen smartphone, the G Flex. The phone, which uses flexible OLED screen technology to allow for a dramatic curve on the horizontal axis, is between 7.9 and 8.7mm thick at various points, weighs 177g, and has a 6-inch 720p display. Inside there's a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13-megapixel camera, and a 3,500 mAh battery.The G Flex does include a "swing lock screen" feature, which moves the wallpaper in response to tilting motion and produces different unlocking effects when the user touches different areas of the screen.

LG's unveiled all the details for its often-leakedcurved screen smartphone. Weighing in at 177g with a 6-inch (but 720p) display, it's powered by a Snapdragon 800 processor and 2GB of RAM, with a 13-megapixel camera housed between two rear control buttons. In comparison to Samsung's Galaxy Round, the screen on the G Flex arcs from top to bottom, not side-to-side, which at least makes a little more sense to us, hopefully fitting in better to the curvature of the users' face. We're yet to handle either curved phone IRL just yet, however, when we'll be able to offer up a better perspective on how the devices feel. Like LG's recent G2, there's high-fidelity audio recording and playback, dual-window app functionality and tap-to-wake on that substantial touchscreen. There's also special animations, depending on where and how you unlock the phone. The Korean press release is also reporting that there's a self-healing coating that can repair hairline scratches on the rear of the phone. LG says they are repaired "within minutes."

source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/27/lg-g-flex/

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/27/5036288/lg-g-flex-officially-announced

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

And an idiot complaining that the scratch their pocketknife left didn't "heal" in three, two, one... 

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Aw man, I literally had the SAME link copied down and was about to post this. Oh well.

Anyways, I know this phone has top of the line specs, but the 6 inch curved 720p screen really turns me off. Especially the 720p part of the screen. Even if these "problems" weren't present, I wouldn't get it anyways, because I'm very happy with my G2! (Except for that Optimus UI...)

COMIC SANS

lolk

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

And an idiot complaining that the scratch their pocketknife left didn't "heal" in three, two, one... 

L

O

L

Trying to be like sarcasm

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

L

O

L

Trying to be like sarcasm

Trying way too hard there...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Aw man, I literally had the SAME link copied down and was about to post this. Oh well.

Anyways, I know this phone has top of the line specs, but the 6 inch curved 720p screen really turns me off. Especially the 720p screen. Even if these "problems" weren't present, I wouldn't get it anyways, because I'm very happy with my G2! (Except for that Optimus UI...)

I am so sorry We are still best friends right 

troll-troll-face.png

maybe the screen covering is made out of liquid metal like terminator?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

untitle.JPG

Fine I will be forever alone

467px-ForeverAlone.jpg

lol you guys :P

I do think it would be neat to get my hands on some curved devices to really see what it's like compared to non curved devices

sysloc

Don't really see a purpose in curved smartphones as it would be only useful when you are watching videos in landscape mode and it isn't really suitable for gaming if you are using touch controls.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm not sure what the benefits are of curved screens apart from media consumption which is generally not a primary function of a phone. I'd like to give it a shot though.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

self-repairing surface? sounds interesting enough

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Isn't the samsung phone that's curved in the other direction to this, so it's optimized for portrait and this is for landscape.

The self repairing thing sure is interesting, but I can't see it being for anything more than very minor cosmetic nicks - it won't fix those scratches where you dropped it on the floor for instance.

HTTP/2 203