Batman Arkham City Lag Windows 8.1

So i recently updated to windows 8.1, and i loved it...

Until i tried playing batman arkham city.

With windows 7, i had about 60 FPS, with DX11 featured off...

But when i played in windows 8.1, i couldnt even access the menu, because according to fraps i was getting 1FPS. 

The menu's background picture kept flashing every few seconds, and it was definatly not playable.

When i turned DX11 features on, the problem was solved, but i was lagging anyway, because i cannot handle DX11. (GTX 660M)

so how can i play with DX11 off?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Is there a recent Win8.1 Nvidia Driver for Batman?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Install the GeForce 331.58 Driver

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Is there a recent Win8.1 Nvidia Driver for Batman?

There is for Arkham Origins, but not city... (i tried it but no success)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Install the GeForce 331.58 Driver

When  i tried installing, it said that it could not find compatible hardware...

Is something wrong with my graphics card?

I think they package some mobile graphics drivers separately to the mainstream desktop ones...

For my mums i5 Nvidia laptop 330m GPU I had to use a particular driver set for it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think they package some mobile graphics drivers separately to the mainstream desktop ones...

For my mums i5 Nvidia laptop 330m GPU I had to use a particular driver set for it.

I think your right, because im installing 331.58 using geforce experience now, and it seems to be working.

When  i tried installing, it said that it could not find compatible hardware...

Is something wrong with my graphics card?

Never mind, it installed, but did not fix anything...

What gfx card is this, gtx 660m, or gtx 760

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There is was an issue with DX11 in batman arkham city

So switch to DX9, or try updating the game.

Instructions for changing DX 11 to DX 9

The Launcher can be accessed on Games for Windows LIVE and Steam to change DX 11 to DX 9 in the Settings menu. Change both DirectX 11 Features and DirectX 11 Tessellation to OFF.

Games for Windows LIVE
Start > All Programs > Games > Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Launcher > Settings

1. Open the Start Menu
  2. Select All Programs and then the Games folder
  3. Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Launcher
  4. Choose Settings then click on the arrow next to DX options to change

Steam:
Launch Steam Client > Library > Right click on Batman: Arkham City > Configure PC Options

1. Open Steam
  2. Select Library
  3. Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Configure PC Options
  4. Choose Settings then click on the arrow next to DX options to change

Source: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/63067/Batman-Arkham-City-PC-DirectX-11-Issues-Switch-To-DX-9

What gfx card is this, gtx 660m, or gtx 760

GTX 660m ,my laptop...

the GTX 760 is my desktop

So in the end, ive decided to go back to windows 7...

Seems like my only stable OS, which i dont have to keep debugging.

But ill wait a day or two in case i see any more fixes.

There is was an issue with DX11 in batman arkham city

So switch to DX9, or try updating the game.

Source: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/63067/Batman-Arkham-City-PC-DirectX-11-Issues-Switch-To-DX-9

There are no more updates for Arkham City, and Windows Claims that DX11.2 is compatible with all the other DX versions :(

Right-click on the game actual executable (not the startup screen, if any), and select properties.

Then go to the Compatibility tab, and check the box to disable for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", and select on the drop down list on top of the panel, "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", select the option "Windows 8".

Click Apple, and OK.

Now try to run the game, by running the executable directly.

Right-click on the game actual executable (not the startup screen, if any), and select properties.

Then go to the Compatibility tab, and check the box to disable for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", and select on the drop down list on top of the panel, "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", select the option "Windows 8".

Click Apple, and OK.

Now try to run the game, by running the executable directly.

Wheres the .exe file? Im using steam...

Wheres the .exe file? Im using steam...

The game is installed in your steam folder.

Usually, <Stem installed location>\steamapps\common\<Game name>

The game is installed in your steam folder.

Usually, <Stem installed location>\steamapps\common\<Game name>

No luck, runs the same...

When you installed your Nvidia drivers just a moment ago, did you go under advanced, and check the box to do a clean install?

If not try that. On your way, remove Nvidia 3D stuff and GeForce experience.

If you have MSI AfterBurner installed, or EVGA Precision, be sure to uninstall them, to eliminate any potential conflict where your GPU is being forced to minimum speed.

Of course, also be sure that your system is not overheating or throttling (it is normal for your GPU clocks and CPU clock to go down when you are not pushing things on them).

Also, be sure that you are plugged in, and that Windows power setting is on Balance (assuming you didn't edit that power plan to be something else than Balance).

So recap:

-> Clean install Nvidia drivers and install only the drivers and PhysX.

-> Make sure you don't have any OC software installed (restart computer after)

-> Make sure your temps are good, and that your system isn't throttling due to over heating

-> Make sure Windows power plan is on Balance.

When you installed your Nvidia drivers just a moment ago, did you go under advanced, and check the box to do a clean install?

If not try that. On your way, remove Nvidia 3D stuff and GeForce experience.

If you have MSI AfterBurner installed, or EVGA Precision, be sure to uninstall them, to eliminate any potential conflict where your GPU is being forced to minimum speed.

Of course, also be sure that your system is not overheating or throttling (it is normal for your GPU clocks and CPU clock to go down when you are not pushing things on them).

Also, be sure that you are plugged in, and that Windows power setting is on Balance (assuming you didn't edit that power plan to be something else than Balance).

So recap:

-> Clean install Nvidia drivers and install only the drivers and PhysX.

-> Make sure you don't have any OC software installed (restart computer after)

-> Make sure your temps are good, and that your system isn't throttling due to over heating

-> Make sure Windows power plan is on Balance.

Still im getting 1FPS :(

Oh yeah, when i play Bioshock Infinite, i get 55+ FPS, and runs just fine.

So i dont know for sure what DX version it uses. Maybe somethings wrong with Batman?

(i already tried reinstalling the game)

Oh ok, I thought all your games were affected.

Interesting.

A quick Google search and it looks like you are not alone.. but it's not Win8.1 issue... those with issues are with Win7.

No real solution I found...

From what I can see, people play with game graphic settings and one configuration will just work.

Oh ok, I thought all your games were affected.

Interesting.

A quick Google search and it looks like you are not alone.. but it's not Win8.1 issue... those with issues are with Win7.

No real solution I found...

From what I can see, people play with game graphic settings and one configuration will just work.

Yeah sorry for not mentioning other games earlier...

So ive decided to go back to windows 8, (which my friends use for Batman with no issues) and if that does not work, ill reset my laptop to win7.

Yeah sorry for not mentioning other games earlier...

So ive decided to go back to windows 8, (which my friends use for Batman with no issues) and if that does not work, ill reset my laptop to win7.

by the way, how do you downgrade windows without clearing data?

I know you can do that while upgrading, but not so sure about downgrading...