So white studies is a thing now

CantThinkOfAUserName
12 hours ago, imPixelTV said:

vote milo yiannopoulos

That's like voting in a meme for president. 

oh wait.  

- snip-

8 hours ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Yeah don't post on here if all you'r going to be is a grammar nazi on a forum. Please show me where I said people of color were bad. You make claims but can't back them up. Also don't assume my race either.

8 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

You're.

Hey fam, would you mind genuinely countering his points instead of acting like an assholes, you're just embarrassing yourself.

- snip-

14 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Hey fam, would you mind genuinely countering his points instead of acting like an assholes, you're just embarrassing yourself.

OP has little grasp of reality in regards to social movements.  His anecdotal experience becomes a global constant.  So...

What are his points?  He has made a similar thread about this very topic already:  'The Alt. left has overrun the educational system'.  What has changed from two weeks ago that he needed a whole new thread?

He's warped in his assumption that institutional sociology is all run by the radical left and he continues to see it as truth.  He ignored actual Soc. Majors in the last thread and continued to rant about.

I still see the radical right as being more harmful to the whole, but I don't value the radical left in any good way.

Maybe you need to read it again:

" Just read in my sociology book that white studies is a thing now....Surprise surprise its all about shitting on white people and saying that race and ethnicity is just about exclusion and a way of oppressing people. Seriously sick and tired of this shit. All people do is shit on white people and critical race theory as a whole is summed up like this (insert trouble of someone not white) white people caused it. Love how it says white people culture is just the culture of everyone as a collective. Yet when we look at Europe countries such as the UK and Slavic countries they are vastly different then say Africa. Though you know we can talk about the cultures white people actually have in white studies just how they fuck over everyone and they are the devil. Honestly PC culture is going to far, part of the reason Trump won."

Who the fuck benefits from this thread?  What knowledge is being addressed?  Let the girl troll him a little.  She is absolutely polite about it.

42 minutes ago, stconquest said:

OP has little grasp of reality in regards to social movements.  His anecdotal experience becomes a global constant.  So...

What are his points?  He has made a similar thread about this very topic already:  'The Alt. left has overrun the educational system'.  What has changed from two weeks ago that he needed a whole new thread?

He's warped in his assumption that institutional sociology is all run by the radical left and he continues to see it as truth.  He ignored actual Soc. Majors in the last thread and continued to rant about.

I still see the radical right as being more harmful to the whole, but I don't value the radical left in any good way.

Maybe you need to read it again:

" Just read in my sociology book that white studies is a thing now....Surprise surprise its all about shitting on white people and saying that race and ethnicity is just about exclusion and a way of oppressing people. Seriously sick and tired of this shit. All people do is shit on white people and critical race theory as a whole is summed up like this (insert trouble of someone not white) white people caused it. Love how it says white people culture is just the culture of everyone as a collective. Yet when we look at Europe countries such as the UK and Slavic countries they are vastly different then say Africa. Though you know we can talk about the cultures white people actually have in white studies just how they fuck over everyone and they are the devil. Honestly PC culture is going to far, part of the reason Trump won."

Who the fuck benefits from this thread?  What knowledge is being addressed?  Let the girl troll him a little.  She is absolutely polite about it.

Dont get me wrong, I very strongly disagree with Username's view (as can be seen from our previous interactions) but I also feel that Ashley's reply was juvenile, moreover, i think the point this thread is attempting to address is a valid one. The premise of 'white history' is a flawed one, in my opinion. It should be 'European' or 'asio-european' history, as it is far more complex and deep than simply race. Likewise, there shouldn't be 'black' history class (it's almost always the slave trade anyway, very little is taught about pre-european contact), it should be history focusing on large economic ecosystems (such as the ancient middle east) or the politics of certain nations. 

On the other side of the coin, white people did just about all the fucking up of nations outside of oriental Asia in the last ~800. Spanish and English settlers killed almost all of the native Americans (a fascinating people by the way) the Catholic Church led the brutal crusades, and the slave trade was founded off of Labour needed in the new world. Not to mention all if the European in fighting since forever up until the 1940s.

TL:DR just because concerns race it should not become racially focused. It should be political and economical.

OP is is going SJW by bringing tons of bias and ironically calling facts racist. 

- snip-

49 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Dont get me wrong, I very strongly disagree with Username's view (as can be seen from our previous interactions) but I also feel that Ashley's reply was juvenile, moreover, i think the point this thread is attempting to address is a valid one. The premise of 'white history' is a flawed one, in my opinion. It should be 'European' or 'asio-european' history, as it is far more complex and deep than simply race. Likewise, there shouldn't be 'black' history class (it's almost always the slave trade anyway, very little is taught about pre-european contact), it should be history focusing on large economic ecosystems (such as the ancient middle east) or the politics of certain nations. 

I never had "white" history in school.  I never had "black" history in school either.  I took ancient Greek for a spell in Uni.  From day one they talked a good deal about the sexual culture of the Greeks back then, based on the art of the time.  I did not expect to learn about the Chinese in ancient Greek.  I mean, if you take a black history course... it will be about black history;  before modern slavery and after.  Maybe trace the African genealogy into modern European, Asian and American populous'.  We can probably do that now:  link genetic constants to archeological finds.  Fuck with those neo nazis a bit, I doubt they will hear it though.

In elementary school, sure, social sciences can cover a wide range of economics and culture.  In university, and even high school, the subject matter becomes specialized due to the vastness of the data.

On the other side of the coin, white people did just about all the fucking up of nations outside of oriental Asia in the last ~800. Spanish and English settlers killed almost all of the native Americans (a fascinating people by the way) the Catholic Church led the brutal crusades, and the slave trade was founded off of Labour needed in the new world. Not to mention all if the European in fighting since forever up until the 1940s.

These guys see it much differently:

TL:DR just because concerns race it should not become racially focused. It should be political and economical.

OP is is going SJW by bringing tons of bias and ironically calling facts racist. 

I don't understand the race war shit.  Not one bit... then again, I have had enough privilege, and patience to work through any socially presented ignorance.

Shit, a 21 year old girl might lose her arm due to the police violence in S.Dakota.  What do you think the cop that tossed a concussion grenade was thinking when he threw it?  That cop does not value those lives in the least:  Hate; contempt; anger;  all focused on people he/she has no real interaction with.  All this to protect corporate interests?  The ACE (it is ACE land) did not hire these policing agencies to disperse the crowds.  The state and energy company pay them. 

If it turns out the energy company IS breaking the law, are these water protectors going to get a medal?  Nope, they will just lose their water source and the energy partners will continue being above the law.

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

honestly thank god i hate white people. they can't make wise decisions for our country, so that's why we have a racist as our president who incites fear in colored people because of all the bullshit he plans on doing. plus, they ruin ethnic food trying to "assimilate" their cultures into ours, like i saw a recipe where white people tried to make pho "healthy" but it literally looked like a pile of shit because there's no way to make it healthy. it's comfort food, and making comfort food healthy results in shit. white people suck. i hate white people. america and the entire globe would be much better without fucking white people.

So, summoned up, you hate people with a certain skin color because of a certain food. Nice.

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I also feel that Ashley's reply was juvenile

I would argue that emotionally manipulating the OP to make him more irate takes a certain amount of maturity. :)

Just now, Kumaresh said:

Such a fancy way of saying you lied to his face to provoke him xD

Hey, hey, hey!  There was no lie!  His grammar was atrocious!  ...I just didn't actually care.

1 hour ago, Kumaresh said:

Trying to blame an entire group of people and force them to take responsibility for the actions of their ancestors a few hundred years ago seems to be the height of stupidity.

Who... what...

Let's take Rutgers Uni for a second.  They recently had a historical ceremony for the school.  Unsurprisingly, the narrative was white washed.  The school is old.  Some faculty got together and with the aid of independent researchers, they formulated a more authentic depiction of the university's history; including the bad stuff.

They are not looking for reparations.  I don't see this as a bad thing.  It turns out many slave owners were involved with the school's inception, why leave that out of the history of the school?

I personally feel that the SJWs have complete monopoly over social studies departments based on the views of dozens of professors at major universities which offer such courses and I welcome anybody to disagree with me.

I disagree with you.  No, I would rather not prove it either way 'cause reasons.  Mainly, I don't give a flying fig newton.

Ashley, you cannot expect to breed anything but contempt from somebody by lying about them to their face and I would expect more mature behaviour from the members of this forum.

As stated above, she did not lie.  She made a satirical comment loosely depicting the possible nature of the OP's intent.

@stconquest I think you are misunderstanding something. The point of a rant is to let off steam and is in no way meant to benefit anybody. I would ask you to compare the number of educational institutes that comply with the views of the regressive left and the number of institutes that hold conservative views. You criticize others for using anecdotal evidence yet you fail to provide empirical evidence to disprove OPs "warped" view that sociology is mainly controlled by the left.

I don't think you understand that OP posted a similar thread not too long ago.  In it, he ignored anyone that has real evidence (like a sociology student that was well into the degree) and proceeded to shit talk as he and others are doing here.  OP won't hear any other point of view, he won't have it.  I have all the evidence I need to make the claims I did.

Yes there is a such a thing as regressive behaviour.  Whoop dee doo!  Now all liberals are SJWs.  <<<#logic  I can easily make the argument that all republicans are socially regressive and culturally bigoted corporate shills, using the same logic.  Now I know that is not representative of 100% of the republican base... but dammit if it not evident in a multitude of "conservative" circles.

I will post some more stuff later, such a pain to type on a phone :/

Please try not to.  This is not fun or productive in any way.

18 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

OP has posted that African Americans commit a quantum of crime which is disproportionate to their population in America and their rates of poverty are also disproportionately high. These statements have been gleaned from official government records which have been released to the public. Is there any falsehood or racism in any of this ?

I am highly skeptical of those stats such as those.  Police targeting black people aggressively could result in such statistics.  I am not saying the numbers are not true, just that the system might be conditioned to produce those very results.

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

@stconquest Could you point out a few educational institutions that hold views that you consider liberal yet do not fall under the moniker of "regressive left" ?

No... and I will not even try.

I have seen several dozens of reports of incidents from multiple major institutes that confirm that they conform to the views of the regressive left.

Good for you.

Or do you not give a flying fig when the data seems to be at odds with your views xD

Damn, you're good.

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

honestly thank god i hate white people. they can't make wise decisions for our country, so that's why we have a racist as our president who incites fear in colored people because of all the bullshit he plans on doing. plus, they ruin ethnic food trying to "assimilate" their cultures into ours, like i saw a recipe where white people tried to make pho "healthy" but it literally looked like a pile of shit because there's no way to make it healthy. it's comfort food, and making comfort food healthy results in shit. white people suck. i hate white people. america and the entire globe would be much better without fucking white people.

Racist ^

Should be banned from the forum for this.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

According to @Kumaresh, that is just venting.  -_-

I don't care what anyone says it is, it's blatant racism and it's not ok.  Whoever say's it's not is wrong.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I don't care what it is, it's racism and it's not ok.  Whoever say's it's not is wrong.

It's not racist, it is bigoted... no I am not wrong.  :)

6 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I don't care what it is, it's racism and it's not ok.  Whoever say's it's not is wrong.

So running around these forums calling people libtards, SJWs, rednecks, right-wingers, etc... is okay by your standards... but not:  I hate white people? 

I would be considered white, and what he said had literally no affect on me other than being a little upset that he is so angry.

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

It's not racist, it is bigoted... no I am not wrong.

It's blatant racism with implied bigotry, what kind of person fights against racism by promoting it.  It's embarrassing how shameful that comment is, and it should be reported by everyone who doesn't promote racism and the hatred of someone because of what color they are.

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

It's blatant racism with implied bigotry, what kind of person fights against racism by promoting it.  It's embarrassing how shameful that comment is, and it should be reported by everyone who doesn't promote racism and the hatred of someone because of what color they are.

Sure, I could get behind that... but I won't.  The same way I don't report people for using the term SJW.

I see the error in his angry message.  I am pretty sure he ( @terrytek ) sees it also.  I am not so sure OP sees the error in his message though.  Again, this is OP's second thread of this very nature.

This thread is a shitfest smh

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The difference is that one is right and one is wrong.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with judging someone by their opinion, although you shouldn't harass them or treat them as lesser.

Judging someone by their race however is wrong on just about every level.

I personally wouldn't use the word hate even but do you see the difference in "I don't like SJW's" and "I don't like white people"?  

You choose to be an Activist(if that's a more acceptable term) you don't choose to be white.

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The difference is that one is right and one is wrong.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with judging someone by their opinion, although you shouldn't harass them or treat them as lesser.

Judging someone by their race however is wrong on just about every level.

I personally wouldn't use the word hate even but do you see the difference in "I don't like SJW's" and "I don't like white people"?  

You choose to be an Activist(if that's a more acceptable term) you don't choose to be white.

Valid point, stop it.  :P

Now, did Terry mean all light skinned people or did he have a specific definition for "white people"?  ....damnit, he went on about "americanized cuisine"... Terry why!?!

I can't defend that.  I quit.

9 minutes ago, TehStranger said:

lol look at you humans and your stupid racial and political debates.

Your papers please?  What is your purpose here?  We have had a recent influx of illegal alien activity here on earth, this won't take but a moment.  Please step into the giant box.

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Your papers please?  What is your purpose here?  We have had a recent influx of illegal alien activity here on earth, this won't take but a moment.  Please step into the giant box.

200_s.gif