Hyper 212 evo

I chose a Noctua NH-U14s cooler for my first build as I plan on overclocking the cpu (intel core i7 6700k). But I keep hearing about cooler master hyper 212 cooler. My build is within my budget, but I was wandering if I could save some money by going with the cooler master fan, or is this a bad idea since I want to overclock the cpu?

I would probably go with the Noctua just because higher quality parts and it's not so much a budget cooler. Also, overclocking is going to be better with the Noctua.

http://noctua.at/en/tdp-guide

That says that for LGA 115x (6700k is 1151 so all good), a TDP of 95W and OC gives you the best overclocking potential for the NH-U14s.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

4 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

I would probably go with the Noctua just because higher quality parts and it's not so much a budget cooler. Also, overclocking is going to be better with the Noctua.

http://noctua.at/en/tdp-guide

That says that for LGA 115x (6700k is 1151 so all good), a TDP of 95W and OC gives you the best overclocking potential for the NH-U14s.

OK. Thanks

The 212 evo is OK for the price but pretty crap in the grand scheme. The mounting HW doesn't actually keep the cooler in place. It rotates. And the fan is just craptastic. The bearings go out amazingly fast. And whatever they do to get the contact point "smooth" must be great fun (by the looks of it, they throw rocks at them or something) but it's not exactly a mirror finish. But again, given that you barely have to pay for it, it's OK. I'd get the Noctua for both the build quality and the performance. 

The Noctua heatsink will be a lot easier to install and should perform quite a bit better, but it's what, twice the price?

212 is budget cooler. Yes, you can OC with it and even achieve good midrange results. Moctua offers lower temps and less noise. Which route you go is up to you. There's also middle ground with coolers like Dark Rock 3 and U12S (H5 etc...).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv