Which action cam should I get?

Okay! So I'm going to be going on a two-week trip to the UK, spending most of my time in England, but also traveling to Ireland for the last leg of the journey. So I wanted to get an action camera that could record my daily activities, including hikes out in the country side and capturing footage of castles, but it needs to fit one more important purpose - catching my girlfriend's response when I propose to her at the Rock of Dunamase in Ireland. The weather in Ireland can change at the drop of a hat, and that means rain and hail. I need a camera that can handle catching video AND CLEAR AUDIO regardless of the weather. This unfortunately means no waterproof housing. I'm also concerned with battery life - I'm seeing that 2 hours is the cap on all decent rugged cameras, although some can have their life extended through external power supplies, such as USB battery packs. I know that having a charging port open might compromising weather-proofing, but I feel that I could engineer a solution that would do a decent job of sealing up that connection. But either way, with either extra batteries or a USB battery pack, I am going to have to prioritize audio quality with weather-resistance. I HAVE to capture her saying yes. I have narrowed my camera choices to the GoPro Hero5 Black, and the Olympus Tough TG-Tracker, although I am open to other suggestions. From my research, they are both decently weatherproof sans dive case(which in my mind means clear enough audio to capture voices), both record 4k video with image stabilization, and both can have extended battery life through a USB battery pack. Please correct me if I'm wrong, please offer suggestions! I have 9 months to collect the perfect camera. Thank you!

Obviously, GoPro is the name brand of action cameras and they are usually very good. However, the audio on GoPro's is usually less than desirable unless you use an external mic (I do not know what the audio is like on the Hero 5). I personally have a Sony AS100V and I like it a lot. It does not record in 4K, although there is a higher end model that does. The good part is that the camera is "splash-proof" with out the waterproof casing and the audio is great. I recommend looking at the Sony line of action cameras as they usually present a good value depending on what you plan on using them for. Hope this helps!

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply. 

That  Olympus Tough TG-Tracker its a bad ass little camera. I would buy it in a heartbeat if it could go deeper than 100ft.

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

You could hide a mic on yourself and then combine the video with the audio later.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Considered getting an external mic you can sync to the video later on? This would give you a lot better audio quality. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I have considered an external mic. However, that isn't going to be possible with either, since they'll be charging and the only port is that micro-USB/USB-C port. I do not have the technical capability myself to sync audio and video, so I'll be hiring someone else to do it for me later. That said, I'm backpacking. I'll be trying to keep equipment to a minimum. Either single camera should have the audio quality to capture voices well enough to clearly make out "Will you marry me?" and "Yes." That's all the audio I need it to capture. The video on the GoPro 5 looks great, plus it has voice control, and a touch screen, and it's the most widely used. It's looking more and more like the way to go. If I do decide to get an external mic to use specifically for that moment, what mic would you all recommend? It needs to be very portable and backpack friendly, durable, and compatible with GoPro.

20 minutes ago, MegaKoga said:

I have considered an external mic. However, that isn't going to be possible with either, since they'll be charging and the only port is that micro-USB/USB-C port. I do not have the technical capability myself to sync audio and video, so I'll be hiring someone else to do it for me later. That said, I'm backpacking. I'll be trying to keep equipment to a minimum. Either single camera should have the audio quality to capture voices well enough to clearly make out "Will you marry me?" and "Yes." That's all the audio I need it to capture. The video on the GoPro 5 looks great, plus it has voice control, and a touch screen, and it's the most widely used. It's looking more and more like the way to go. If I do decide to get an external mic to use specifically for that moment, what mic would you all recommend? It needs to be very portable and backpack friendly, durable, and compatible with GoPro.

The GoPro is probably an amazing camera to use so that will most likley work great. For mic you could try to find something like a small LAV mic you can have on your shirt. I would record audio on both the camera and the mic so you will have one as a backup as I guess it would suck if you lost the audio or if one of them fails and you loose it. But really for more soecific on what mic to use I would ask @AkiraDaarkst 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

If you use a lav on you, you could record the audio on your phone maybe?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Audio on these action cameras are generally bad, especially if you use them outdoors where there is a lot of background and ambient noise and wind.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins