Bullshit you've heard from apple

SCR_latchup

Recently i've been to a shop where an apple "genius" tried to sell me an ipad, when i asked him why doesn't it have a sdcard slot he replied it's because of cpu power so that it can be as fast as possible. that's when i asked him if he's stupid and explained to him how SD card works, to which he replied that's just what they teach us to say xDxD :D:D

what kind of bullshit did you heard from apple?

What does CPU power have to do with the lack of an SD card slot?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They told me I needed to completely re-partion my HDD when in reality all I had to do was pull it out and put it in my desktop and just re-format half of it. Saved me about 36 hours (Slow internet).

(Basically They wanted me to completely wipe my HDD to get 2 partions back together)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

"We can do a much deeper reset than you can at home", or something to that effect.

*Watches "genius" enter DFU mode*

lol.

It's possible they might have been referring to if you were to run apps off of the sd card, the read writes would be slower. What that has to do with cpu beats me though?

CPU Power? How did we go from storage, to processing, to power supplies?

1 minute ago, DraconicFire98 said:

"we took the headphone jack away because technology moves on and we have to make sacrifices"

I think it's stupid that we're removing the headphone jack to "move forward" when it really kinda moves us backwards. It forces us to use adapters for our headphones, and of course if you want to charge the device while listening to music(something I do in the car), you need to buy an adapter that includes an extra port for that, but it also takes up additional space.

But, I'm glad my phone is totally fine for my purposes(HTC One M8), and I have no reason to upgrade to a better smartphone.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

I think it's stupid that we're removing the headphone jack to "move forward" when it really kinda moves us backwards. It forces us to use adapters for our headphones, and of course if you want to charge the device while listening to music(something I do in the car), you need to buy an adapter that includes an extra port for that, but it also takes up additional space.

But, I'm glad my phone is totally fine for my purposes(HTC One M8), and I have no reason to upgrade to a better smartphone.

i don't even have a phone, don't really need one

well i do, but it's so weak it crashes when i try to use the texting/calling app.. and teh battery lasts just over an hour, it's a samsung galaxy ace 2X GT-s7560M

25 minutes ago, SCR_latchup said:

Recently i've been to a shop where an apple "genius" tried to sell me an ipad, when i asked him why doesn't it have a sdcard slot he replied it's because of cpu power so that it can be as fast as possible. that's when i asked him if he's stupid and explained to him how SD card works, to which he replied that's just what they teach us to say xDxD :D:D

/r/thathappened

"You cannot upgrade iMacs RAM by yourself"

After few cups of coffee with help of couple screwdrivers my friend had 16GB RAM in his iMac instead of 8GB (couple screwdrivers because someone decided to make the slot so thingth I feared I would need some virgin olive oil to fit the new RAM sticks in it). Conclusion, even after my friend paid me with a 500GB external HDD (which I needed) he still saved around 200-300$ by taking the risk "that the iMac won't notice a difference between Apples massively overpriced RAM and spec-wise identical non-Apple RAM".

"I can stream FullHD movie from my iPhone to my iMac through only Bluetooth"

Undying sentence from my only iReligious friend (with who Iäm not friend anymore, beats me why :D). After double checking there's no WLANs nearby I checked my signal meter and asked "then hwy are they communicating through WLAN frequencies?" My friend didn't really get it even after I bended some railtracks for him how BTs (quite few years back) bandwidth can never stream 1080p 60FPS (FullHD) movie.

We were the first to *insert new feature here*. A very small amount of things Apple has actually done first.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional