Chinese Smartphone with Dual Cameras

patriotaki
So OUKITEL decided to release an iphone-like phone to be more specific iphone 7 plus-like smartphone with Dual Lenses. It looks very similar to the iphone . The main camera will be 16MP and will have an updated camera interface with DSLR options

Oukitel's quote
This is not the first device that designs two camera lens on the back. Brands like Huawei, LG,
HTC, Apple, Xiaomi already released some smartphones with dual rear cameras. Now 
OUKITEL is also joining in this field to build dual rear cameras smartphones with most cost-
effective price. 
The model is named as U20 Plus, it will pack dual lens on the back, the main rear camera is 
13.0MP (interpolated to 16MP) Sony IMX135 sensor. Combing superior hardware and 
optimized software with dual lenses, U20 Plus will offer SLR experience with more light and 
better clarity.
U20 Plus also offers the latest fingerprint sensor, except for improving the unlock speed, 
OUKITEL will also pre-install more functions for fingerprint. It will divide long press fingerprint 
function and single tap fingerprint function. 
A good camera ensures great photo and video quality, it would be more exciting if the display 
can show it in a perfect way. For showing the best effect, U20 Plus will get a 5.5 inch FHD 
display with 1080p resolution and adopting original SHARP glass for screen.
U20 Plus is planned to go to market within the next 2 weeks.

11.18.2016-19.50.png

38 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

U20 Plus will offer SLR experience

I hate when phone manufacturers make this claim. Phones will NEVER be SLR-like. Hell they will never even be close to a mirrorless camera either. This is because of the sensor size (not megapixels but actual physical size) and the lack of interchangeable lenses. The best they can aim for is to be better than basic point and shoots.

As soon as I see that claim from a phone manufacturer, I just stop reading the rest of the specs and ignore.

When in doubt, re-format.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:40 PM, pwn_intended said:

I hate when phone manufacturers make this claim. Phones will NEVER be SLR-like. Hell they will never even be close to a mirrorless camera either. This is because of the sensor size (not megapixels but actual physical size) and the lack of interchangeable lenses. The best they can aim for is to be better than basic point and shoots.

As soon as I see that claim from a phone manufacturer, I just stop reading the rest of the specs and ignore.

they say it because there are many options like iso etc..

I found the main specs of the phone

Main Specificaitons:
Display: 5.5 inch FHD touch screen, 1080×1920, SHARP display,2.5D curved
CPU: MTK6737T Quad-core 1.5GHz processor 
Fingerprint: back press fingerprint
Storage: 2GB RAM+16GB ROM, 128GB extendable 
Camera: Back 13.0MP real +Front 5.0MP real, dual back cameras with Sony Lens
Network: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz;
WCDMA: 900/2100MHz;
4G LTE: 1/3/7/8/20
SIM card: Dual SIM dual standby
Card Type: Micro sim+nano sim or Micro sim+TF
Battery: 3300mAh big battery from SCUD
Color: Gray, Rose Gold, Champaign Gold
Dimensions/Weight: 154 x 77.5 x 8.5mm, 195g

also have in mind that The main rear camera is adopting original Sony IMX135 sensor. Originally it was planned to do 13MP mega pixels and interpolated to 16MP in software, but according to research among consumers, it’s battery not do interpolation. So this time U20 Plus will feature real 13MP rear Sony IMX135 camera and 5MP font camera

• 2 weeks later...
First look on the U20 Plus

U20 Plus gets 3300mAh big battery, but only get 8.4mm for the body it also comes in 3 colors: grey, champagne gold, rose gold  and later this year a jet black color like iPhone 7

In the video, it took photos in the outside, in the room, in the night. It also compares the photos taken in normal photo mode and SLR mode. At last it took a short video of the fish in tank. The default effect in the video is compressed by youtube automatically.

They released also a Jet Black Version now
I have to admit it.. it looks so beautiful i wonder if it gets as scratchy as the iPhone 7 Plus

12.08.2016-13.08.png

The jet black color will presale online at the end of December, the champaign gold already starts producing on 7th December. Regarding the date for the other 2 colors, we will update it soon. 

On 18/11/2016 at 6:40 PM, pwn_intended said:

-snip-

At least not low priced chinese smartphones in special xD. Seriously, they can have great cpu's, ram, storage, decent displays, build quality and whatnot, but have you seen chinese smartphone cameras from the likes of Xiaomi and Meizu? They never seem to be close to matching Samsung, HTC, LG in low light stills, audio capture, panorama stitching, video recording, imagine stabilization, etc. Only Huawei does an amazing job, being OnePlus and Oppo (k fine, not chinese, but thats one of theyr key markets) decent at best.

Groomlake Authority