Can't hear difference with DT 770 250 Ohms

Confusizzled

Hey guys, 

I recently purchased a beyerdynamic DT 770 250 ohms as it was a pretty good deal on amazon canada but so far I haven't noticed a huge difference between this and my stock earphones i was using. I don't currently have a DAC or AMP but the sound is coming through fine with my motherboard. Am I just not listening to music from the right source ? I'm mostly just listening to youtube for now. Or do i just need to get used to it ? 

2 minutes ago, Confusizzled said:

Hey guys, 

I recently purchased a beyerdynamic DT 770 250 ohms as it was a pretty good deal on amazon canada but so far I haven't noticed a huge difference between this and my stock earphones i was using. I don't currently have a DAC or AMP but the sound is coming through fine with my motherboard. Am I just not listening to music from the right source ? I'm mostly just listening to youtube for now. Or do i just need to get used to it ? 

Well, first off, Youtube is a terrible place to be listening to music from. The bitrate is no bueno.

Also, I'd suggest giving it a week or two, so you can get used to these. Often, you don't notice minor bumps up in quality, but as soon as you're used to it, going back down is something you'll notice immediately.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 minutes ago, Confusizzled said:

Hey guys, 

Oh god. Youtube audio is horrible. Why did you buy a nice set of headphones if you don't listen to any quality music sources?

Just now, corrado33 said:

Oh god. Youtube audio is horrible. Why did you buy a nice set of headphones if you don't listen to any quality music sources?

OP likely just didn't know. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

OP likely just didn't know. 

Seems like something you should know before you buy $200 headphones... I can hear the difference with my $20 headphones.

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

Seems like something you should know before you buy $200 headphones... I can hear the difference with my $20 headphones.

Why? People don't always search whether or not youtube has good audio, and besides, if they've only listened to music on youtube/from crappy sources, then they're not likely to have heard a difference before.

Just now, Confusizzled said:

Yeah, any suggestions what music source to listen from ? 

I would recommend spotify premium, Tidal, Google play music all access, apple music, any other streaming service, or CDs that you might have. Basically, just not an online video platform.

Hey! New SIgnature!