Windows updates Bluescreen New laptop

Go to solution Solved by Halfblood11,

Okay guys! sorry for such a long time between posts wanted to make sure it was working before reporting back

i decided to reload windows before I sent it back 

after doing this on the first boot i got a message pop up from acer effectively saying there is a known problem with power management software or something like that cliick the link to go to our website for the fix 

and it works brilliantly now! 

the registry issues that were with it turns out were just traces of old updates that had been removed by windows updates / made obsolete and made no effect  to anything 

in short its all good! 

Okay, in light of recent events (my laptop dying) i bought a new one 

its done around 70 updates but its got another 148 to do i left it over night to do do these updates and woke up the next day turned it on and it started doing the boot up side of the updates.

Then it shut down so i turned it on again and it did some update stuff them bluescreened ( i have attached a picture of it that was taken on my ipod sorry if the quality poor)

the error that comes up is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

it restarted and i put it into safe mode and it said error implementing windows updates reverting ( or something to that effect) 

i shut it down again the next night and left it to do the updates then booted it up it finished the updates and i logged in then after a few seconds it bluescreened with the same problem again but, this time i had to go into safe mode and restore my machine

I have looked this up (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854226.aspx) and it is part of the software being installed doesnt have permission to access something that its trying to access 

does anyone have any idea how i can work out a fix for this or work a way around it or would it be as simple as install 5 updates at a time till I can isolate the  single one that's causing the problem and just not install it ?

anyone information on this would be GREATLY appreciated 

the laptop is a acer aspire 5755G

core i7-2670GM 2.2GHz with 3.10GHz turbo boost

Nvidea GT630m with 2GB dedicated Vram 

750GB hdd 

6GB RAM

and 1 USB 3.0 Port 

Is your laptop running in Admin mode?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I don't know ... do you mean am i running as administrator? i am the only user on the computer and i am the administrator account

Had the same problem with a clients brand new toshiba laptop, Got him to send it back faulty....

it wasn't just windows updates, it was uninstalling software and even running sfc /scannow that caused bluescreens 

I'd send it back its not fit for purpose if its doing that right out of the box...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Well ive just looked on c cleaner at registry issues and theres a load as well as having DCIMAN32.dll missing could it be that they cocked up on the image procedure ? 

would there not be the same issues with a new laptop if i got a replacement ?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys! sorry for such a long time between posts wanted to make sure it was working before reporting back

i decided to reload windows before I sent it back 

after doing this on the first boot i got a message pop up from acer effectively saying there is a known problem with power management software or something like that cliick the link to go to our website for the fix 

and it works brilliantly now! 

the registry issues that were with it turns out were just traces of old updates that had been removed by windows updates / made obsolete and made no effect  to anything 

in short its all good!