What fans should I pick and/or replace?

_Grid21

This is going to be a lengthy 3 part question because I need to know what fans I should replace, and are the current fans I have the right ones I should have gotten so just bare with me here. 

For reference, here is the current air flow state. I have done testing and found this was the best for my system. http://prntscr.com/d7cxh3

My Case is the Corsair graphite 760T case, which by the way is amazing!

I have 2 140mm Noctua NF-A14 2000RPM fans that are the intake in the front. I think I understand Static pressure vs air flow but I wasn't sure if the NF-A14 is the right one to use as an intake fan when I have 6 hard drives against the fans as the cool air comes in. 

My next question is, I have one 120mm Corsair AF Blue LED fan, 1500RPM which to me seems like such a weak fan, and most of corsairs AF fans were junk to me as they move so little air altogether. I'd like to replace the bottom fan that can pull more air from the floor and push it up through the case so my GPU actually gets more cooling air from the bottom of the case. I know Noctua is a very well respected company for fans and I didn't know which fan from them to get or what other brand, if even Corsair has something better, I should get to replace that bottom fan. 

My 3rd question.

I have the Artic Freezer i30 CPU cooler that is really good and does keep my CPU happy on the cooling side. But what I hate about it is the quality of the fan is really bad and I've already had to email Artic to send me a replacement but months later the fan is starting to make noise again. It has a cover piece that clips onto the metal cooler and takes 120mm fans so I'd like to keep the cooler but replace the fan. So again which brand should I get to replace the fan with a better quality fan.

Thanks in advance!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

So can anyone please help me at all? See above question.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

So is anyone here able to help me at all? Please?

On 11/15/2016 at 4:58 AM, Josh_Grid21 said:

So can anyone please help me at all? See above question.

10 hours ago, Josh_Grid21 said:

So is anyone here able to help me at all? Please?

It helps to use question marks. There aren't any question marks used in the OP.

NF-A14's are pretty well balanced and are fine for just about anything. That being said, iPPC's are generally not worth getting if you don't need the extra robustness.

Why does the 1500rpm fan seem weak and how are you determining that the Corsair fans aren't moving much air?

How was the i30 fan lacking in quality? What sort of noise were you hearing?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

57 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It helps to use question marks. There aren't any question marks used in the OP.

NF-A14's are pretty well balanced and are fine for just about anything. That being said, iPPC's are generally not worth getting if you don't need the extra robustness.

Why does the 1500rpm fan seem weak and how are you determining that the Corsair fans aren't moving much air?

How was the i30 fan lacking in quality? What sort of noise were you hearing?

I was hearing a squeaking sound coming from the CPU fan. As for the Corsair fans, when I put my hand over the fan at the bottom it doesn't feel like much air is really being pulled up and pushed up through the fan itself. 

12 hours ago, Josh_Grid21 said:

I was hearing a squeaking sound coming from the CPU fan. As for the Corsair fans, when I put my hand over the fan at the bottom it doesn't feel like much air is really being pulled up and pushed up through the fan itself. 

Does stopping the fan with your hand stop the squeaking sound?

Your hand is not an accurate tool for measuring airflow. Look at your temps instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 11/14/2016 at 3:59 PM, Josh_Grid21 said:

I'd like to replace the bottom fan that can pull more air from the floor and push it up through the case so my GPU actually gets more cooling air from the bottom of the case.

I've found Corsair fans to be weak compared to the noctuas that I replaced them with.

The feet on my case didn't allow enough airflow to feed any fan I had placed there, I suggest raising the case another inch or so. 

Can also escape the usual Corsair and Noctua fans and try the Venturi ones from Fractal. The 140 I use on the top (static pressure ver) of my Core 500 as intake has been pretty good considering my case is a breadbox. 

4 hours ago, Gammagoat said:

I've found Corsair fans to be weak compared to the noctuas that I replaced them with.

The feet on my case didn't allow enough airflow to feed any fan I had placed there, I suggest raising the case another inch or so. 

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

Can also escape the usual Corsair and Noctua fans and try the Venturi ones from Fractal. The 140 I use on the top (static pressure ver) of my Core 500 as intake has been pretty good considering my case is a breadbox. 

I honestly forget the difference between static and airflow. At the bottom of the case which fan should I be using? Static or Airflow and which fan is good? I can only use a 120mm at the bottom. Were the two Noctua ones in the front a good choice? 

1 hour ago, Josh_Grid21 said:

I honestly forget the difference between static and airflow. At the bottom of the case which fan should I be using? Static or Airflow and which fan is good? I can only use a 120mm at the bottom. Were the two Noctua ones in the front a good choice? 

I'd go for some static fans personally since we're sucking air from a constricted place and also through a filter as well I'm assuming. // Noctua's are always a safe choice imo.

I agree with Mooshi, drop a NF-F12 IPPC 2000 in the bottom. And use one for the cooler also.

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

I'd go for some static fans personally since we're sucking air from a constricted place and also through a filter as well I'm assuming. // Noctua's are always a safe choice imo.

1 hour ago, Gammagoat said:

I agree with Mooshi, drop a NF-F12 IPPC 2000 in the bottom. And use one for the cooler also.

Now my fan controller on the 760T case is a 3 pin fan. So what falls into that 3 pin area?

1 hour ago, Josh_Grid21 said:

Now my fan controller on the 760T case is a 3 pin fan. So what falls into that 3 pin area?

Well, what are you using to control the two Noctua NF-A14 you have now?

On 11/17/2016 at 11:32 PM, Gammagoat said:

Well, what are you using to control the two Noctua NF-A14 you have now?

The Graphite's fan control button.

11 minutes ago, Gammagoat said:

NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000, comes in two flavors. PWM and DC three pin.

http://noctua.at/en/products/fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9PV3Z89201

What motherboard are you using?

I am using a Asus Z87-A .

2 hours ago, Josh_Grid21 said:

Asus Z87-A

You have four headers that support pwm(4 pin) fans on your mainboard.

14 minutes ago, Gammagoat said:

You have four headers that support pwm(4 pin) fans on your mainboard.

Yeah I do, but Asus hasn't updated the AI suite 3 and speed fan is kinda touchy but do-able so I may go ahead and get that Noctua fan. I haven't researched a ML fan yet.