Hack exposes 412M AdultFriend Finder Accts

Katsunaka

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/hack-reportedly-exposes-412m-friendfinder-networks-accounts-adult-dating-swinger/

This marks the second time in 2 years the website has been hacked. In May of 2015, hackers got 3.5 million accounts. The hack includes information collected over 20 years through it's various affiliated sites.

Time to update passwords, and watch your credit cards if you were apart of the 412 million users.

Personally, when a hack is done elsewhere, it reminds me to just update passwords on all my stuff. 

why in the world are there service providers with userbases this big that STILL don't properly obscure user data. the worst part is that this is the SECOND FUCKING TIME in 2 years ffs. are there no laws for this or something?

13 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Wait... again?! Wow, that's amazingly bad security.

Really curious how the owners of the site are going to try to cover themselves. even if it was the first time, a hack this large is unacceptable.

Just now, tlink said:

why in the world are there service providers with userbases this big that STILL don't properly obscure user data. the worst part is that this is the SECOND FUCKING TIME in 2 years ffs. are there no laws for this or something?

actually yes the data protection act covers this. There are hefty fines for companies that do not secure user data.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

actually yes the data protection act covers this. There are hefty fines for companies that do not secure user data.

well too little to late apparently. they should be in jail for shit like this.

5 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Really curious how the owners of the site are going to try to cover themselves. even if it was the first time, a hack this large is unacceptable.

I would say its unavoidable. With more and more data being online hackers will have more and more targets.

Just now, tlink said:

well too little to late apparently. they should be in jail for shit like this.

You could say that sending a person to prison for murder is too little too late.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, vorticalbox said:

I would say its unavoidable. With more and more data being online hackers will have more and more targets.

You could say that sending a person to prison for murder is too little too late.

those things are just not comparable. the incorrect storage of user data on its own shouldn't be allowed. the only way to find that is by checking it or letting it get exposed by hackers. pick whatever you like more but i would rather have the government or an unbiased organization check user data security than have it spilled over the darkweb.

Who here has an adult friend finder account?

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

Not a member of the site, but damn, if that isn't a lot of accounts stolen. It wouldn't surprise me if someone picked apart the data that many of the "female" user accounts were bots, just it was for the Ashley Madison hack. Most dating sites are complete sausage fests, not sure why most men use them when it is easier to find a girl in your social circle.